You know you're getting older when...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I called up an old buddy that I used to drink a lot with in the old days. And instead of talking about the old times we talked about the types of medicine our doctors have been giving us..Kind of depressing when I think about it. Guess I'd better ask the doc for more anti-depressants! lol

I found the most certain sign of aging to be when you start seeing your father staring back at you when you look in the mirror. :wink:

I hate when I forget what show I'm watching when the commercials come on and I'm 30. I guess I should invest in some ginkgo biloba.

DocWatson said:
I found the most certain sign of aging to be when you start seeing your father staring back at you when you look in the mirror. :wink:

I see my father every day in the mirror. I sure do miss him.

fender66 said:
DocWatson said:

I can relate to that. My Dad's been gone over 25 years and I still miss him too. It doesn't get better... just easier. It takes awhile to grow into their shoes. :wink:

DocWatson said:
fender66 said:
DocWatson said:

I can relate to that. My Dad's been gone over 25 years and I still miss him too. It doesn't get better... just easier. It takes awhile to grow into their shoes. :wink:

This is gonna sound bad but I lost my dad back June 4th this year and my boxer dog that I'd had for 13 years Sept. 1st. I'm not sure who I miss the most but I think the boxer is winning!

wait until you can't remember what you going to type, it dont get no better folks. :LOL2:

TNtroller said:
wait until you can't remember what you going to type, it dont get no better folks. :LOL2:

I have that problem too! I'll write an email then something will happen and I'll lose it so I write another but for the life of me I can't make the second the same as the first one because I forget exactly what I wrote.

My GF lost her father two years ago to cancer. He was physically slow, but mentally pretty sharp for his age. Her mother is on the fringe of going to a retirement home as she is having a hard time living by herself, mentally and physically. My GF gets frustrated at times but I keep reminding her that we're going to be like that eventually too! :shock:

Enjoy it while you can!

BTW, going fishing on Thursday. Isn't retirement great! :mrgreen:

I need a beer.

Now what were we talking about?

Oh yea. I lost my father when my parents divorced, I was all of 8 years old, I hate the womens lib movement. He lives in Kansas someplace. In the past couple of years we have started to communicate via email.

old,, I thought 50 is when you become middle age. Uhm,,, I am now a seasoned middle age person.

One thing my Dad taught me, you never have to grow up,,, only become more responsible.

getting older?

The sign for me was when I MISPLACED some stuff and so I blamed the crack heads for taking it =D> I still get poked fun of by the kids for that one :LOL2:

Latest posts