Stupid Human Tricks - Part Deux

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spotco2

Reaction score
I took the little 12' Tracker Tadpole out today for some creek running and had about 6 hours of fun. Actually did more exploring than anything on some water that I have wanted to fish for a while.

Six hours of not hearing or seeing anything but nature can really do a body some good.

Backed the trailer down the ramp and loaded the boat, hooked the winch line to the front of the boat, jumped in the truck and took off up the ramp like always.

I knew something was not right when I saw the bow of my boat (with winch strap still attached) sticking almost straight up in my rear view mirror! =D>

Seems that I overlooked locking the winch when I jumped from boat to truck and my little boat fell off the back of the trailer.

No damage was done and thankfully I was the only person left at the ramp.

Just a reminder, no matter how many hundreds of times you launch and load your boats, double check everything before you get in the truck to drive off.

I'm just glad I did this with my 12' and not my 17' Bass Tracker.

Be thankful there wasn't someone around with a video camera. Fortunately, most of the dumb things I've done on the ramp were done long before video camera and cell phone cameras became popular so they never showed up on Youtube.

I think this weekend was just a bad one for boat ramps. I've launched and loaded plenty of times. This time though, I hooked up the rope, undid the winch and chain and started to back down... then realized i didn't even go to the back of the boat and remove the tie down straps or put in the plug. This is about 5 minutes after I managed to rip off the rear taillight on the gate to the launch. Fished till dark then backed the trailer on the dock, then once I had the trailer right, realized my truck was too far away from the dock to jump, but tried anyway. Got the boat loaded sideways and had to relaunch it to get it back center... Like you, I'm glad no one else was at the launch :lol:

Latest posts