Went fishing Sunday afternoon ....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printerman

Reaction score
Went fishing Sunday afternoon and caught 6 small bass up to 2lbs. ! The weather's still hot here in South Florida and the fish know it ! Threadfin Shad were bustin' the surface which made for "hunting like" fishing ! (wait for the eruption and cast inside)

Just bank fishing right now , getting out the canoe I save for "all-dayers" !!!

Caught several on carolina rig and june-bug colored 8'' worm in ribbon tail (Culprit brand) with a short 14" leader and 7/8 ounce weight (heavy but great cast ability)

Then as the sun was going down the shad started busting the surface and the hunt was on !!! At this point I threw a 3" Rappala in Silver with black back (floating) and that's all she needed to keep things active as during the next half hour I landed three more with several others on that got off !

All in all I hooked 9 and landed 6 ! As the weather cools more and more days with busting shad makes for great fall fishing !

The Peacock bass have mostly shut-down here in their northern most territory (Broward County) You can still catch them mid-day with real fast bright lures like clown pattern Rappala's or firetiger skirted spinner-baits ....

Have you ever tried an wacky rigged or texas rigged senko in that blowup? I've done pretty well with it - casting with 10lb line it will go a good distance.

wasilvers said:
Have you ever tried an wacky rigged or texas rigged senko in that blowup? I've done pretty well with it - casting with 10lb line it will go a good distance.

Recently my friend and I were at Holiday Park in the everglades and it was 105 degrees on the water (much hotter in the glades than the coastal area which was 97 ) with barely a breeze and few clouds ! We were going through bottled water like two wino's in Napa Valley ! Anyway the only thing that seemed to work were wacky rigged Senko's ! We weren't throwing these into blow-ups but they were the ticket for that day ! Using a strange color too ! Sweet Potato Pie !!! (yes it's an actual color from several brands now) I'll try it with eruptions . I use both spinning reels and bait-casters so the line isn't an issue ...

Latest posts