What if ....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printerman

Reaction score
What if you had your knowledge and could create a "new" boat for fishing !!!

What would you purchase for an engine , seats , trolling motor , battery types and systems , cooler , etc. , etc. ....

I've seen some radical pics of some awesome customization and I would like to have some "heads-up" when it comes to "TinBoats"

If I don't find a great deal first I'll be starting with a Tracker Grizzly 1448' Modified Vee

Maybe your advice could be just one idea many people overlook or the whole sha-bang !!! (pictures welcome)

Thanks in advance .....

Sort of like the TInBoats.net model show piece?

I would start out with a 1450 Xpress jon and have it completely decked out from Bassboy1 and then wrapped with an aluminum/american flag Tinboats wrap from bulldog.

8)

I would just make a super jon, wider, and able to take a stronger motor, like a 115 or something. or even have one of those super charged 4 stroke jet ski motors from the factory built into the boat !

1884 CC with a head in the console, completely flush mounted super insulated cooler. Jet ski motor (like V8 Titan said), all aluminum. 8ft rod locker, 2 livewells (1 for bait, 1 for your catch), all LED lighting. Poling platform, and a fishing platform. Basically a mix of Jonboat Jerry's build, and Poorman Boatwrights build., plus some other junk.

Something like a mod-V that was around 16.5'ish, but with high side walls on it so it was more big water/DeepV friendly. Open middle, deck in the front and rear with a center console, pods for the motor. Relatively light, so I don't need a big motor to move it, and no unnecessary frills or carpet.

Something I could take out in the big water on nasty days, and still roar down a river if the mood strikes me, and not have to baby.

C

My boat but with a new 90hp E-tec, two 898c SI Hummingbirds, and a 80lb Terrova with I-pilot.

To me, I would rather have some of the technology available to help catch fish than a new boat. It's just money better spent IMO.
Now if you have the money for the new electronics/trolling motors etc, AND a new boat, then by all means do.

One thing I would or am doing is making a longer than most front deck, and that will just be fishing for two people. I don't mind having someone next to me as long as they are not insane when casting. :x

I would also really like a Power Pole, but I just don't see myself ever buying one, because of the cost.

EDIT: Vinyl flooring, and snap in carpet would be nice. Not sure how that would work with the front deck padding-which I'm also adding to my boat.

an xtra wide pt175 tracker, maybe an xtra wide TF175 if they offered it in some color other than KY blue, #-o

I would really like a 14' v haul with a front deck floor, console, rear deck, lockable rod storage and all carpeted from the Factory. Then add a remote 2001 Johnson 25hp 3 cylinder 2 stroke. And a minn kota edge 55 bow mount. Similar to the Sea Nymphs or Tracker super V's.

Jim said:
Sort of like the TInBoats.net model show piece?

I would start out with a 1450 Xpress jon and have it completely decked out from Bassboy1 and then wrapped with an aluminum/american flag Tinboats wrap from bulldog.

8)

x2 Bassboy1 does some awesome decking. I swear that he's on my 'lottery list' (the list of things you'd do if you hade time/$). I'd send him a boat or 2 to do for me. But I want a wrap that makes my boat look like a car on the water - like a Vette or something.

I'm going to have to go with a RiverPro 186 LoPro DCC with every possible option (even the secret ones we don't know about), a 101 lb gps trolling motor, modified sport jet pushing in the 300+ hp range, Humminbird 1198c SI HD FishFinders front and back, loaded with all new tackle, tandem axle trailer, and hell while we're at it a 2012 F350 King Ranch 4x4 4 door with about 700 hp and 1000 ft lbs.

Come on Powerball!!!!!!!!! [-o<

My boat would be the Alumacraft Classic 165 Tiller.
25hp 2 stroke E-Tech. This particular boat max hp is 60hp.
Minn-Kota trolling motor.
Humminbird Down Imaging sonar.
I love the open floor plan, 19 gallon fuel tank, and a 34 gallon live well. That's twice the size of most Bass boat livewells. Most the lakes I fish have either a 15 or 25 daily creel limit on Crappie per person. Hard to fit 30-50 Crappie in most Bass Boat livewells, and have them live.
Couple of other key features is anchor storage up front and in back. You need them, and they need a place out of the way when not in use.
Ability to mount a 10hp kicker motor, my favorite lake has a 10hp limit, its a big lake and trolling isn't a good option.

https://www.alumacraft.com/2012-models/classic/165-tiller/#info

It's only a matter of time before that boat finds its way into my driveway.

Hanr3 said:
My boat would be the Alumacraft Classic 165 Tiller.
25hp 2 stroke E-Tech. This particular boat max hp is 60hp.
Minn-Kota trolling motor.
Humminbird Down Imaging sonar.
I love the open floor plan, 19 gallon fuel tank, and a 34 gallon live well. That's twice the size of most Bass boat livewells. Most the lakes I fish have either a 15 or 25 daily creel limit on Crappie per person. Hard to fit 30-50 Crappie in most Bass Boat livewells, and have them live.
Couple of other key features is anchor storage up front and in back. You need them, and they need a place out of the way when not in use.
Ability to mount a 10hp kicker motor, my favorite lake has a 10hp limit, its a big lake and trolling isn't a good option.

https://www.alumacraft.com/2012-models/classic/165-tiller/#info

It's only a matter of time before that boat finds its way into my driveway.

That is a sweet boat. But I still think money is better spent on some of the Tech. available vs a new boat...

Question: If rated for a 60hp, why want a 25hp?

LonLB said:
That is a sweet boat. But I still think money is better spent on some of the Tech. available vs a new boat...

Great question and one I ask myself all the time.
The delema is most of the lakes closest to me have HP restrictions, 25hp or 10hp. The Illinois River which is actually the closest body of water has no restriction, however I rarely fish it.
So my delema is this, do I spend the money on a 50hp and learn to fish te Illinois?
Save some of that money to appease the wife and get a 25hp and 10hp kicker.
Wishing I had the money to buy the 50hp and a 10hp.
I do fish larger lakes with no restriction a couple times a year, so the 50 would be nice to have.
However I mainly fish the restricted lakes, so the 50hp could end up with mechanical issues just from not being used all that much.
I keep chasing my tail in my current status, someday something will cause a change in the status and I'll finally have a solution.

Hanr3 said:
LonLB said:

Great question and one I ask myself all the time.
The delema is most of the lakes closest to me have HP restrictions, 25hp or 10hp. The Illinois River which is actually the closest body of water has no restriction, however I rarely fish it.
So my delema is this, do I spend the money on a 50hp and learn to fish te Illinois?
Save some of that money to appease the wife and get a 25hp and 10hp kicker.
Wishing I had the money to buy the 50hp and a 10hp.
I do fish larger lakes with no restriction a couple times a year, so the 50 would be nice to have.
However I mainly fish the restricted lakes, so the 50hp could end up with mechanical issues just from not being used all that much.
I keep chasing my tail in my current status, someday something will cause a change in the status and I'll finally have a solution.

Why not just get the 25 and buy another cover for it. Have it relabeled to say 10 and fish wherever you want?

printerman said:
What if you had your knowledge and could create a "new" boat for fishing !!!

What would you purchase for an engine , seats , trolling motor , battery types and systems , cooler , etc. , etc. ....

I've seen some radical pics of some awesome customization and I would like to have some "heads-up" when it comes to "TinBoats"

If I don't find a great deal first I'll be starting with a Tracker Grizzly 1448' Modified Vee

Maybe your advice could be just one idea many people overlook or the whole sha-bang !!! (pictures welcome)

Thanks in advance .....

I just went though creating a new boat. The best boat is the one that fits your style of fishing, where you fish and your budget. For some people that would be a john, or a deep v, with a side console, or a center console or a tiller. In northern Indiana I had a 16"8" deep v with a side console and a 90hp, with a 55lb Minn Kota TM with auto-pilot up front. Today in Georgia I have a 1648 with a 9.9 and a 55lb transom mount TM.

Now if I were putting together a boat that could fish a lot of different waters and no cost restrictions it would be:

Lund 1800 Alaskan Tiller
Merc 60 EFI Bigfoot
Minn Kota Terrova TM with i-Pilot and Auto-Pilot
Hummingbird 1198SI

But unless I hit the lottery I don't think I will have to worry about it :LOL2:

Latest posts