New one for me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
Apparently I was caught speeding in New York. The farthest east I've ever been was to Illinois 43 years ago! :?:

New York State — Department of Motor Vehicles
UNIFORM TRAFFIC TICKET (ID:46),POLICE AGENCY
NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Local Police Code 1
THE PERSON DESCRIBED ABOVE IS CHARGED AS FOLLOWS

Time: 7:25 AM
Date of Offense: 07/02/2011
IN VIOLATION OF NYS V AND T LAW

230 Description of Violation
SPEED OVER 55 ZONE

TO PLEAD, PRINT OUT THE ENCLOSED TICKET AND SEND IT TO TOWN COURT, CHATAM HALL., PO BOX 117

Hmmm. I suppose if I printed and sent enough out some people would surely pay them rather than question them. :)

On another note years ago I got a parking ticket from a little suburb of chicago. Called them and the story was the meter maid was old with bad eye sight and would write down the wrong license number.... It was their story! lol

Sounds "scammy" to me. I'm guessing most places of real local gov'ts (village, town. metropolis) would have their mail directed to the Clerk of Courts, or something similar, with a real address, instead of just a p.o. box. I'd request the traffic officer's name , badge #, etc. and all kinds of info.....................just to see if they respond. Or, mail an envelope with a blank piece of paper to the "address" provided, and see if "they" respond.

wasilvers said:
BTW, it's a scam - they don't email you tickets.

No, seriously a scam... https://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/trafficticket.asp

If you opened the attachment, maybe we'll be seeing you post in the computer help section next? :wink:

wasilvers said:
wasilvers said:
BTW, it's a scam - they don't email you tickets.

No, seriously a scam... https://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/trafficticket.asp

If you opened the attachment, maybe we'll be seeing you post in the computer help section next? :wink:

Not quite that old yet. :lol:

Latest posts