Where does the time go?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffChastain

Reaction score
Man oh man. Went to the doc yesterday to see about a sore knee, and found out I have arthritis in it. Earlier in the year was diagnosed with asthma. Fishing season is getting slower, and my little boy will be 4 in five months. Anyone else feel like time is in fast forward? I'm too **** young to feel this **** old! haha. I'm sure some of you knuckleheads can relate. What say we put our heads together, and build a time machine? Who's with me?

Reason for edit: I typed "man on man" instead of "man oh man" haha!

JeffChastain said:
Man on man. Went to the doc yesterday to see about a sore knee, and found out I have arthritis in it. Earlier in the year was diagnosed with asthma. Fishing season is getting slower, and my little boy will be 4 in five months. Anyone else feel like time is in fast forward? I'm too **** young to feel this **** old! haha. I'm sure some of you knuckleheads can relate. What say we put our heads together, and build a time machine? Who's with me?
I've already got one. Problem is, it's stuck in fast forward !!! :wink: :LOL2:

DocWatson said:
JeffChastain said:
Man on man. Went to the doc yesterday to see about a sore knee, and found out I have arthritis in it. Earlier in the year was diagnosed with asthma. Fishing season is getting slower, and my little boy will be 4 in five months. Anyone else feel like time is in fast forward? I'm too **** young to feel this **** old! haha. I'm sure some of you knuckleheads can relate. What say we put our heads together, and build a time machine? Who's with me?
I've already got one. Problem is, it's stuck in fast forward !!! :wink: :LOL2:
I've got one of them too,only one speed FF! only one problem the disc is almost full #-o

I'm already there but wouldn't want to do it over again. I feel the aches and pains, but nothing bad yet. I do have reoccurring nightmares that I'm still working! :shock:

nomowork said:
I'm already there but wouldn't want to do it over again. I feel the aches and pains, but nothing bad yet. I do have reoccurring nightmares that I'm still working! :shock:
agreed:but better do something about those horrible nightmares.

yupper on the mileage thingey... I went in for my 100,000 mile check up at my Dr. and he advised me that my warrentee was probably expired..There is some comfort news.
Hang in there when you get down to only memories you will find they will hold you over.

freetofish said:
yupper on the mileage thingey... I went in for my 100,000 mile check up at my Dr. and he advised me that my warrentee was probably expired..There is some comfort news.
Hang in there when you get down to only memories you will find they will hold you over.
yea! those memories. I remember when I caught a 30 lb. crappie, and a 1lb.2oz. salmon. #-o :-s no;wait it may have been the other way around. or was that the muskie and a perch? :-k wait, i'll ask my buddy,he was with. heck that was so long ago he forgot.

I hear ya.

This past year both my sons gradutaed college, one got married and moved out of hte house. The other has been married for 3 years now. Empty nesters.
I had hernia surgery, shoulder surgery, and started a new job myself. All a month apart from each other.

Seems like just yesterday I was taking the boys camping. My father in law says that time only goes faster the older you get.

Glad I posted this. All of you guys got more mileage than me! :LOL2: Weeks drag, and weekends fly by. I hate that! haha. I used to be one of those people who wanted to sleep until 10 on saturday, because I was off work. Heck, now I hate if I'm not up by 7. I feel like the whole day is gone if I dont. I'm getting old. lol

I believe my time most go were my money goes and the socks go when put in the dryer. :?

A good quote:There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. ~Napoleon I, Maxims, 1815

JeffChastain said:
Glad I posted this. All of you guys got more mileage than me! :LOL2: Weeks drag, and weekends fly by. I hate that! haha. I used to be one of those people who wanted to sleep until 10 on saturday, because I was off work. Heck, now I hate if I'm not up by 7. I feel like the whole day is gone if I dont. I'm getting old. lol
If you still talk about weeks, weekends and days then you are still very young. :wink: It's when you start talking in terms of years and decades flying by that you understand what "time flys" really means. :shock:

Youth is truly wasted on the young.

DocWatson said:
JeffChastain said:
If you still talk about weeks, weekends and days then you are still very young. :wink: It's when you start talking in terms of years and decades flying by that you understand what "time flys" really means. :shock:

Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Let me put some more perspective on what Doc wrote. Our oldest child is as old as our parents were when my wife and I were married. Now that is a sobering thought. :LOL2:

I enjoy reading posts like this to remind me to take a few extra deep breaths throughout the day and be thankful for all of the good things in my life. I'm on number 7 of my 9 lives! Having survived cancer, drowning, and a broken back, I feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day to "get it all in"! The secret for me in these last few years has been to find something I am passionate about and really dive in 100%. My passion has been fishing as I'm sure a lot of you guys can relate. I wish you all many more thrilling hook sets and warm sunsets going forward :)

-House

P.S. I got a good laugh at the first "man on man" post, too!!!

life has a sense of humor...first you're a kid with no money or worries and all the energy you will ever need but no real use for it, then you're a young adult that still has a deal of energy, plus the woes of worries with bills and relationships, but really can't afford much if anything because your job usually sucks, then as we get older and more established we work more, are more run down, have better jobs(hopefully)...have less petty worries, have savings, but no energy to use it...lol...and we sleep earlier.......you can't always judge a vehicle by it's age...sometimes you have to go by the miles...I was made in america...i'm a 35 yr old semi run down high mileage individual that needs a rebuild...lol...i've been shot, stabbed, burned, run over, and almost electrocuted to death...that's just the starters...but i still bust my rump all week to make my family happy...help my parents with whatever they call me up for...and once in a while i get to go to the lake for some fishin...we are men , and it's our job...and one day when i pass on...hopefully i'll have done a good enough job so jesus will bless my fishing pole and i'll get to fish with the man and ask him......WHY?

dually66 said:
life has a sense of humor...first you're a kid with no money or worries and all the energy you will ever need but no real use for it, then you're a young adult that still has a deal of energy, plus the woes of worries with bills and relationships, but really can't afford much if anything because your job usually sucks, then as we get older and more established we work more, are more run down, have better jobs(hopefully)...have less petty worries, have savings, but no energy to use it...lol...and we sleep earlier.......you can't always judge a vehicle by it's age...sometimes you have to go by the miles...I was made in america...i'm a 35 yr old semi run down high mileage individual that needs a rebuild...lol...i've been shot, stabbed, burned, run over, and almost electrocuted to death...that's just the starters...but i still bust my rump all week to make my family happy...help my parents with whatever they call me up for...and once in a while i get to go to the lake for some fishin...we are men , and it's our job...and one day when i pass on...hopefully i'll have done a good enough job so jesus will bless my fishing pole and i'll get to fish with the man and ask him......WHY?

Haha, I hear ya, dually. We sound like the same person.....except for the shot, stabbed, burned, run over, and electrocuted parts.