Union dues and fees

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlietuna

Reaction score
Recently at work, we were forced to start paying "agency fees" to a union if we didn't become full fledged union members....anybody know if these fees are tax deductible, either Fed or State (CA)?

don't know about that! may depend if you'r on the long or short form. also may be on one or the other(state or fed.) best to check. I paid $600.00 in interest one year, and found out I couldn't use it. total deductions( to get on the long form) had to exceed the standard deduction, and they didn't. everyone said I could deduct this interest-I couldnt!

overboard said:
don't know about that! may depend if you'r on the long or short form. also may be on one or the other(state or fed.) best to check. I paid $600.00 in interest one year, and found out I couldn't use it. total deductions( to get on the long form) had to exceed the standard deduction, and they didn't. everyone said I could deduct this interest-I couldnt!

Yeah, did some more checking around after I posted the first time and essentially found what you said....thanks for the response though...

charlietuna said:
overboard said:

Yeah, did some more checking around after I posted the first time and essentially found what you said....thanks for the response though...
But, as Ahab said, the fees are deductable. Just not for you. :wink:

We all know tax deductions are there so the rich don't have to actually pay taxes. :wink:

Latest posts