Classic Craigslist Lines

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
"It ran when I last used it" (yeah 20 years ago)

"In need of some TLC"

"An easy fix"

"A steal at this Price" (Yes..... if it ran)

"Just needs a good home" (and a good mechanic)

Add some more.... I am sure everyone has heard there share!

I seen one in San Diego for a free ad.

"Free Fire Place. Works Great! Some Assembly Required."

Picture was a pile of broken red bricks from a demo.

Actual post from today #-o

Early 90's Force Outboard motor

Looks old but works like new.
Great motor parts.
115 hp. Most of the motor is complete.
Willing to part out.
$550 OBO

fool4fish1226 said:
Actual post from today #-o

Early 90's Force Outboard motor

Looks old but works like new.
Great motor parts.
115 hp. Most of the motor is complete.
Willing to part out.
$550 OBO
:D works like new..... with complete rebuild

Found a good one:

"OUTBOARD MOTOR TEST TANK / BEER KEG TUB $75.00
Aluminum outboard motor test tank 30 ½ inches round, 24 inches deep on a 32 inch square base, with wheels an a drain value. $75.00
This tank works great for holding a keg of beer or testing you outboard motor."

5P45X35S23k43p53o5bal7e7bde723b99198c.jpg

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/2661206735.html

This is too easy:

"Old Elgin boat motot sold by Sears in the early 50s. Turns over. Has been sitting in my barn for years. $60. Thank you. "

I think they mean you can turn the motor over from the photos

5U25P15R03nf3p23l7bad0ec8bb3f5749159a.jpg
5O15V45X43n23od3lfbade0050da55e0c1b60.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
This is too easy:

"Old Elgin boat motot sold by Sears in the early 50s. Turns over. Has been sitting in my barn for years. $60. Thank you. "

I think they mean you can turn the motor over from the photos

5U25P15R03nf3p23l7bad0ec8bb3f5749159a.jpg
5O15V45X43n23od3lfbade0050da55e0c1b60.jpg
haha! Years... I think he means decades!

They are everywhere

"I am selling an old 28hp outboard motor that I used a few years ago on the back bays at the jersey shore. When I used it, it ran but it could have used some tuning. It sounded like it was misfiring at times. I had replaced the plugs and it started right up but was not always smooth. It has a pull start but I used a cranking battery with it because it was easier to use the push button start. It has been in my garage taking up space so I would like to get rid of it cheaply. This would be a great, inexpensive motor for someone that is handy with outboard motors."

Really, it would also make a great anchor for someone that is handy with tossing junk over the side =D>

"bought it three months ago to fix up, now I decided I don't have time for it"

Interpretation: "found out it is not fixable"

"Has good compression and is not siezed. Have not run it in approx. 3 years since the impeller went out. but ran great until then. A really cool antique piece that i wish i could keep, but running out of space in the garage"

"Project boat that has been sitting for 4 years. Last time it was started it ran."

Haha...there is a statement...last time it started it ran...noooooo really? ....that one took a thinker.

Sometimes I wish this one was me - "Got a new boat and just dont need the old one anymore" :lol:

And heres one I just read today!
We no longer have a boat, so don't need this. It is just been sitting in our yard and I'm ready to haul it to the scrapper. So, if you need a tilt boat trailer ready to hook up to and haul away, get ahold of me pretty quick cuz I'm cleaning up the yard! I'm asking $200 OBO. I know it will hold a 14' boat, I really don't know much else. I'm not a boat or trailer person. What you see is what you get!

This raft made from 105 milk jugs, chicken wire, and plywood can be easily hauled in the back of a pickup truck.
It will hold up to 800 pounds and is very stable in the water.
It weighs 89 pounds.
5O45Q35S53n83m53pdbai9a1b15d6464c1c4c.jpg

My favorite...

Runs great, no motor.

Latest posts