ACDSee or PhotoShop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryboy210

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Which One, ACDSee or PhotoShop For A Weekend / Casual Digital Photographer Running Windows 7 ? Have Used ACDSee In The Past, Just Got A New Computer And Considering Which One To Load. Will Likely Shop eBay, Not Giving A Camera Store Or Wally World Full Price.

Thanks Guys !

Thanks For The Input Jim. Checking On Those Now.

I Do Not "Touch-Up" Much More Than Taking Out Power Lines From Landscape Pictures Or Litter From Backgrounds, So I Do Not Need A Full Blown Workhorse Program. Have Been Using ACDSee For A Few Years Now, Same Dad Used Before He Passed. Main Reason I Use It On My Laptop, But Now With This New Desk Top's 3.40G Twin Multi Core Processors, Thought This Might Be Time To Step Up A Notch.

Thanks Again Jim :D Any Other Suggestions Guys ?

Being a Photoshop professional (I make my living with it)...I'm always going to go with PS. But...if you are only going to use it on rare occasion and not be editing images to the degree of professional quality....then I'd say you're not going to want to spend the money for PS. It is expensive.

I can't really say that I've had experience with any of the free software that is mentioned here, but in PS, you can do anything. Those that don't use PS in the capacity that I and other professionals use it really don't have a handle on what really is possible within the program. I've been told that the most proficient users of PS only use about 45-50% of the programs capabilities. I can totally understand that.

If you have the money, and the needs.....you can't go wrong with Photoshop. Good luck.

Latest posts