What the......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffChastain

Reaction score
Alabama beat themselves tonight. McCarron did not perform in overtime, and I will never agree with the interception on Alabama's 1 yard line. Disgusted. That is all.

JeffChastain said:
Alabama beat themselves tonight. McCarron did not perform in overtime, and I will never agree with the interception on Alabama's 1 yard line. Disgusted. That is all.
UH! how many field goals did they miss? good game, but like you said; they beat themselves.

That goofy kicker was 2 for 6. They were asking him to make long fieldgoals, but nearly any kicker for any other team could make those kicks. I mean, on kickoff, that guy can't kick it past the ten yard line most of the time. He's worthless, and he's the weakest link on the team. I've been singing McCarron's praises all year, and I'm infinitely thankful that he got the job over Sims, but he fell apart in overtime, and really crushed any chance Alabama had of getting into fieldgoal range. That was the biggest game of the season, and Alabama's kicker cost his team the win. I scared my whole family yelling at that guy through the TV last night. I wanted to kick the cat.

BUT, like I said last night, I DO NOT believe that was an interception on the 1 yard line. I believe the reciever had positive control of the ball until his back hit the ground, BUT, if he didn't, I don't believe the defender had positive control either. It should've been ruled incomplete if not a complete pass. The announcers even agreed with the Refs decision on the call, but I don't.

The rule on the field is that EVEN IF, the offense does not maintain sole possession, the offense, is awarded the possession when it is in question.

If they both go up for the ball, and come down with the ball, it is the OFFENSES ball. The ball was not stripped until they were down.

You are right. That was a terrible call.

Latest posts