Extream Wind

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Yesterday was extreamly windy, 15-20 with white caps on the crap pond :shock: so i went with that splitshot rig just so i could cast. This got me thinking what techniques do you guys use when the wind is howling? Do yas beat the banks or just cast out and let the current work the bait?

good topic, ive been wait to see if the wind will die down (also waiting for the tide to drop) but i just plan on fishin like i would normaly just not casting into the wind, plus althought ive heard other-wise i feel that the wind is helpful in pushin fish back into the creeks i like to fish, and even if thats not true theres some cover, unlike the main river, so it might help protect from the wind a little.

turns out my plan was better in theory, then application, i didnt take into account wind direction, and it was blowing out the creek, did hook one small one on a spro fat 30, he wasnt picture worthy (mostly cuz i forgot my camera and my phone)

Latest posts