Black Friday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffChastain

Reaction score
You guys' wives going shopping at midnight after thanksgiving? Mine is. I'm nervous. Hope we don't have to file bankruptcy! haha. I gotta get a trip in to bass pro before next week, or I'll have to wait til after new years! Anyone got any good black friday sales on fishing gear?

My ole lady is, you couldn't pay me enough to get me to go shopping much less on that day

My house is on a mtn overlooking walmart we usually stay up drinking and watch the madness. For a town of 20,000 id say atleast half of them go to our small walmart. Its like watching a parade

I thought about it for a brief moment, but then common sense kicked in. :lol:

I think I mentioned driving around here in another thread (far east style). It's insane during a regular working day so I think I'll just pay a little more and save myself, literally! :shock:

I'll be in North Carolina visiting our daughter and will be nursing a severe case of over eating...Don't make me go shopping [-X

I have to work thanksgiving and am going to AC for the weekend
i would never step into a store on black friday
we have been doing this for the last 15 years

I was going to pick up that tablet from best buy, but the wife is working the sales that day. So instead, I'm taking all 3 kids deer hunting with me. Should be an experience, especially if we get one!

We found there weren't a tonne of great buys we were interested in this year.

We are bargain hunters by nature, though, so we will be doing some shopping.

Stopping in to best buy and Walmart at 12 am for deals on DVDs and Blu rays. Then she wants to get up early in the morning to hit the regular stores for some christmas shopping...she wants some clothes and shoes etc. from JC's, sears and a few other places.

Generally we can get each other /more/ for less or the same amount of money at Christmas by doing the black Friday thing.

Bass pro doesn't have a lot of gear in their flyer. Looks like they are offering a spinning combo for $50...I don't know the quality though...and a couple baircasting reels on sale. We will probably stop in.

Wife's sleeping in and I'll be in the deerstand.

We do enough damage on Cyber Monday, and we both hate crowds of obnoxious people.

C

Here's my Bass Pro Shop shopping list for Black Friday. I've been wanting a Carbonlite rod for some time now. And I can't buy a new rod without a reel now, can I?
:D

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x123/WAREHOUSE77/Fishing/BPS_shopping_list.jpg
BPS_shopping_list-1.jpg

That enigma combo looks like a good deal but I am kind of scared to do the switch to bait casting...seems hard.

BPS has a few great sales going on, actually. They have a couple of humminbird and lowrance units for around 299 that have down imaging and dual beam sonar. I've already asked santa for a new depthfinder for christmas. Wonder if he'll spend that much?

Jdholmes said:
That enigma combo looks like a good deal but I am kind of scared to do the switch to bait casting...seems hard.

nah! There are so many videos out there on youtube, you'd probably figure it out in a weekend. You can cast out and then put tape on your line to prevent nasty backlashes while you figure it out.

Looks like I am going to just go with the 39.99 browning deal at bass pro. Wife's going to get it for me for Christmas. It'll get me started. Seems like a nice little reel with it, and it's got the bass pro warranty.

Wow, I ventured outside today to get gas and to get some new trout rods at Turner's. Traffic was incredible near the mall I live near to. People are just driving insanely today and add to that the far eastern influence in this area! Someone was beeping their horn at me because I wasn't turning right on a red light (duh, cross traffic). I thought it was a little car two cars behind me but it turned out to be a four door Mercedes just behind me. His horn sounded like a wee little car, you know the sound, beep beep, excuse me. :lol:

Latest posts