Yozuri Hybrid

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Thats it! I have given up on this line. I officially hate it. I have never seen more memory filled line than this. This is the second time I have used it and it both times I thought it was the way I spooled it onto the reel. Nope, It's the line. It was unworkable and it would bird nest every single time. I took it off and added the same pound test (12#) of BPS Excel and it went on smooth as butter and cast like a dream and I changed no settings on the reel mind you.

I decided to try it because the guys from TT use it allot. Never again.
I will stick with P-line CXX from now on for my baitcasters.

yah this line was also giving me some problems with my baitcaster that i did not like, just got some gamma edge flouro and this stuff is much much nicer as far as limpness and such go.

Been thinking about trying out that BPS Excel for awhile now. I've stuck with Pline CXX for the past 3 years and havent had any problems. Dont know why but every couple of years or so I feel the need to change up some of my gear...it's a sickness I tell ya.

I hate yorzie line sooooooooo much that I don't even have words to describe how much I hate wind knots and crappy line :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I guess I'm the exception to the rule :wink: , as I use the Yo-Zuri Hybrid on my spinning reels (I don't use baitcasters). I have 10# test on two Quantum Pti40 reels, and 8# test on a Shimano Sahara reel. No problems so far.

Im with you Jim, I cant stand yozuri hybrid I stole 75 yards from Shinnerman77 used it once and threw it out. Ive come to the conclusion after trying line after line that there are only 2 useable brands, its either Spiderwire or Stren clear/blue for me.

Jim, I felt the same exact way with spiderwire braid. I wouldn't recommend that garbage to my worst enemy. My problem was windknots, time after time. I finally discovered powerpro, and haven't looked back since.

I now have 2 rods with 50 pound pro, and the rest with BPS EXCEL mono. I have no complaints of break offs....ZERO with the mono!

One thing I have noticed in the last couple of years is allot of missed hook sets. I used mono all my life so its hard to blame that....Maybe its the higher end rods? Sounds crazy? I dont know.

Jim said:
I now have 2 rods with 50 pound pro, and the rest with BPS EXCEL mono. I have no complaints of break offs....ZERO with the mono!

One thing I have noticed in the last couple of years is allot of missed hook sets. I used mono all my life so its hard to blame that....Maybe its the higher end rods? Sounds crazy? I dont know.
No, it's just your two year curse. Haha just kidding, maybe it's a mental thing or coincidental? Or maybe you are using different mono that's more stretchy?

Jim said:

Jim you probably got the same problem with hooksets that I have which is reacting to a nice hit like a 4 year old whos so excited hes catching his first bass he winds up pulling the lure away. Ive tried blameing everything from: line stretch, rod stiffness, hook sharpness, how I rig my baits to gear ratio. Face it man its us

BassAddict1976 said:
Jim said:

Jim you probably got the same problem with hooksets that I have which is reacting to a nice hit like a 4 year old whos so excited hes catching his first bass he winds up pulling the lure away. Ive tried blameing everything from: line stretch, rod stiffness, hook sharpness, how I rig my baits to gear ratio. Face it man its us

It cant be LOL! Been fishing all my life. Ive set the hook with the best of them. Its something else. Im going to bust out the cheap rods for a few trips. :shock:

I dont care what people say, I love the Suffix Promix. I have my President spooled up with it and it has been great. It doesnt stretch as bad as some of the other stuff that I have used. I can feel everything that I put my lure on, and still set the hook. All around good line IMO

I did try the Hybrid a while back on one of my other rigs. I didnt care for it either. I got alot of memory with it and, thus resulting in massive backlashes. LOL

Two things:

1. If you want to try 12# Yozuri you need to get a spool of 8#...it is almost twice its rated strength.

2. If you want less memory (don't we all) you should only try the Yozuri Ultra Soft.

I loves me some Yo Soft!! :lol:

Latest posts