AMAZING catfish catch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Picture 1.png

Amazing 80lb wels catfish!

Let's see if we got this right. Gunther Van Ginneken goes fishing in Belgium for wels catfish and hooks into a 6 ft plus fish well over 80 lbs. and lands it in/on his OutCast Float Tube. Yep, that's the story. Gunther was using a new 2012 Shimano Crucial rod, new Chronarch 201E5, and Sunline 50 lb FX2 braid. We think he may have been the bait! Bravo, G-Man!

Photos Courtesy of:
https://www.americanlegacyfishing.com

Yeah -- I don't think I would have wanted to catch THAT fis in THAT rig! A bit scary. In my tin, no worries, but in that rig I may look too much like diner. :LOL2:

Man! Those are some UGLY fish. Definitely had to take him for a ride. I've kayak fished a couple times, and just a 27" redfish will get you pulled around, think those only weigh 5-6 lbs. 80lb+ fish that is just a tail, yeah, he peed his pants...

Man a fish that size on my Kayak would have been an E-Ticket Sleigh Ride for sure. I would have still felt more like a "Bobber" than a "boater"...even in my Ocean Kayak Prowler 13!

Latest posts