Bald Eagle steals fish.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'd be surprised how much that happens up here. i've lost fish to eagles, ospreys , a 5 lb trout to a loon that swallowed it whole ,i ended up playing the loon till my leader broke.that was a riot,and even a seal on the fraser river.

:lol: Cool. Eagles have to eat too. That would be wicked to have happen in person.

Doug

Thats great.. ive had Heron's try to steal my Scumfrogs and Zara Spooks before.

As for Eagles.. their vultures plain and simple, scavenging and stealing when and where and from who they can.When i was commercial fishing We used to have to hurry up and get Salmon and Herring in the hold before they came and snatched them rite off deck, losing a fish was losing $$$!!!

What bait / #test line does one use for eagles...or at least to keep YOUR fish from them? :LOL2:

I've seen a few hit some small/dead fish that I've thrown back to the elements after I had a hell of a time unhooking them, but the ones around here usually wait until I'm 20+ feet away from them.

Cool vid!

Cool vid. I have never had an Eagle try that, but I have lost some nice Bass to otters before. An many to Pike and Muskie.

Latest posts