Electrical stuff (household-lead melting pot)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonLB

Reaction score
So a couple summers ago I bout a nice, big lead melting pot. Just plugged it in earlier tonight.....Seems to be working.

The issue I'm having is if I touch it, it shocks the living poo out of me. I hate to get shocked

I'm dumb, so what am I looking for to fix this situation?

Take it apart, Look for loose wire. If you cannot get it apart you won't be able to fix it.. I'd try another socket in the house first rule out it not being grounded properly. Only one way to figure it out though :popcorn:

What does the electrical plug look like? Is it Polarized with three prongs? Polarized with two prongs... one of them being wider? Is it non polarized...i.e. two prongs, neither of which is bigger/smaller than the other?

Are you using an extension cord? Is it a three wire/three hole polarized extension cord?

If it is a non-polarized, two prong plug, turn the plug over and plug it back in and see if it still gives you a shock.

Do you have a multi-meter or some way to check out continuity?

Not something to fool around with if you don't know what to look for.

R

p.s. this article might help...
https://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Electrical/Electrical-Tools/how-to-use-a-multimeter/Step-By-Step#step1

LonLB said:
sixgun86 said:
I would check to make sure it's grounded properly. Just a guess.

LOL :oops:

HOW?

My dad would use me as the Guinea pig. He'd say, "Here hold this" or "Put your finger right here" I would get the heck shocked out of me and he would have a hearty laugh and keep 'working at it'.

Have any kids at home? :roll: :roll:

Latest posts