Let go 2 weeks before Christmas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
This morning I was let go by the only company I have worked for since I graduated college. I never thought this company was the best fit for me, but as many of you know, finding a job has not been the easiest thing to do. So here I am, 2 weeks before Christmas and unemployed. I have been applying for jobs all day. I am hoping that I can find something in the area I live in, so I can avoid selling my house and remain in school, but if worse comes to worse I will go anywhere that will pay me. Well wish me the best.

That sucks man. Some employers are simply heartless. It is people like that that do not understand the actual value of employees, good or bad. I have looked at all my guys and girls as my team mates and never felt or acted better than them in any way with exception to dicipline and keeping things working like a well oiled machine. It is something that was not hard for me to learn. I've always looked at it as it sure would be nice to have an Astin Martin but I feel it would be equally as cool to have one of my employees make enough to afford one. I guess I'm trying to say that not all of us business owners are bad people. I would never let someone go 2 weeks before Christmas unless they did something to warrant such a move.

Best of luck to you.

Prayers with you....

I have so many more comments on the matter, but I've been the political police around here so I'll leave that part out of it.

Man that is just not right. I am so sorry to hear this. You will be in our thoughts and prayers that something will come through for you soon. I sure wish you the best...keep us posted.

I think management does this to make a big impact on their end of year bonus. "Heylook at all the money I just saved the company"

Man that sucks. Prayers sent that God leads you in the right direction and you come out in a better place.

What kind of work do you do?

Sorry to hear. I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago now. 2 weeks before Christmas, but we did get our bonuses! I was on unemployment for 9 months before I found a new Job. Hopefully you have applied for unemployment already in case you don't find a job.

If you are willing to travel, depending on your skill sets, there is all kinds of work available in North Dakota.

ya prays are you !it hard sometimes .but GOD isopenning other doors for you a job that be alittle more to what closer to heart ! lets fish salt

Cav,

Man, I’m sorry to hear that your company played you like that. For being there so long, dropping you right before Christmas was downright $*?#y on their part. Business or not, that’s just not cool.

I don’t know if you remember, but a little more than a year ago we shared a few PMs about your job and what all your company does. I was unemployed at the time and curious if they were looking for westward expansion with an entrepreneurly-minded individual smack-dab in the land of residential fake lakes and man-made golf course paradise; Phoenix, AZ . I’m employed now, but it’s part-time; which sucks when payday comes, but something is better than nothing and allows me the time to ‘create’ other opportunities.

As I was in your shoes not that long ago, being unemployed, especially this time of year, I know that you’re looking for hard fast cash…all I can say is batten down the hatches, keep at it, and eventually it will come…it may take some time and hard work, but it will come.

If you’d be interested is putting your ‘industry knowledge’ to work, together we might be able to infiltrate my local market doing here what your company was doing out east. You’d have to be the brains of the operation as you know the business model and throughput, but with my environmental biology knowledge and contacts that I have out here, we might be able to create something.

Mull it over and PM me if you’re interested, great minds can create great things.

Best of luck to ya bro, my thoughts are with you.

Hey Cav, are you looking in the Chesapeake/VB area as well? I know finding a job is tough, but especially if you are only really looking in the Suffolk area. I know how much this sucks man, and hope you find something soon. I'll be keeping my eye open for ya.

Multiples of sadness! That's a real bummer anytime, especially at this time of the year!!! Hopefully things will work out for the better for you and that you can weather the storm. Its a tough position for one to find themselves in. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for ya tho.

I found myself in much the same position several years back and was unemployed for about 3 1/2 months s I can relate. I am now working in a different line of work at a much lower level of pay but I like what I do now a lot more than before. So I guess in the end everything worked out well for me. Hopefully it will for you to!

SVOMike86 said:
Hey Cav, are you looking in the Chesapeake/VB area as well? I know finding a job is tough, but especially if you are only really looking in the Suffolk area. I know how much this sucks man, and hope you find something soon. I'll be keeping my eye open for ya.

Mike, I'm looking in the Hampton Roads area right now. My old office was in Newport News, and I'd love to find a job over there since its convenient to going to school. If I could find something anywhere in the HR area I would be thrilled.

Latest posts