So what fishing related stuff did everyone get for Christmas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lowrance X-4 and some trailer lights... yet she complains b/c I spend too much time on the boat.

Must admit the Shallow water alarm is quite nice since I have been fishing mainly at night in places I've never been before. ](*,)

I got a cool machete to go exploring deeper down river and some really great bass books. I also got a backpack fishing pole case so I can carry my tackle down to the beach easier (or on my bike). Pretty sweet!

Some Lacrosse icefishing boots with 2000 gram unsulation, cold weather socks, under armour shirts. Plus a $100 Cabela's gift card. :D

do to the economy, I had excepted the fact that I would only be able to fish 2 club tourneys this coming year.. My two kids plus the misses gave me money to be able to attend a third tourney. It teared me up for sure. I love my family. :p

Wallijig said:
Some Lacrosse icefishing boots with 2000 gram unsulation, cold weather socks, under armour shirts. Plus a $100 Cabela's gift card. :D

2000 GRAM INSULATION????!!! Those better be warm. I don't think I've ever heard of that before.

I helped my wife pick out one of these https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_133325_-1?N=97010086+4294966997

Mettle baitcasting reel. They were on sale for $29.99 ( truly hard to believe).

She wanted to replace my lost Chronarch ($200.00). I said I'd check the 'net and see what else was out there.

I was researching US Reels. They have a unique new style of baitcasting reel. Some guys were very happy, but the new technology had a few detractors, too. A number of fishermen from the TX area spoke so very highly about the Mettle (Academy brand) reel that I had to give one a try. It cast well. In the next few days, I hope to give it a trial against a remaining Chronarch.

R

Got a nice rod, reel, spooled with 30 lb braided spider, jaw grabber, filet knife, plus my parents sent a $50 dollar card...think I will get the seat here with that - https://www.basspro.com/Boat-Seats%2C-Furniture-%26-Accessories/_/S-225008000

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 649
  • rod.JPG
    rod.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 649
  • seat.gif
    seat.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 649
oooh...I want some polarized aviators...

It looks like you have the seat I am looking at, Aviannah...like it?

TNtroller said:
got 2 tempress hi-back seats to go on the boat, from me to me LOL.
i got 1 tempress navi style hiback,the other is on order. i also got a cool fish cleaning table that mounts in a rod holder,and swivels and tilts. only problem is i catch and release,but the wife keeps them,so i guess she really GOT IT FOR HERSELF.thats ok tho,because the vac. sealer i got her is really for me.i will get a new fish finder for my birthday in feb.

I made out well -- a new Johnny Morris 7' carbon black rod with a Johnny Morris signature series baitcasting reel (dual braking) 20 lb test BPS Florocarbon line, some jigs and plastics and a $100 BPS gift card. It is supposed to be pretty nice here on Sunday...I may have to try it all out. :D :D :D

I got my BPS gift card and 3 new spinning combos for my B-day last month so nothing for Christmas. I did use my gift card to buy my Bro-n-law a new combo and my fiance a tackle bag and lures.

Latest posts