Why KVD??....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
I get emails alot from Bassmaster's and all the other fishing sites, and most times I just glance over them. I took the time today (actually a break of reading over 300 emails since I was on vacation all last week) to read some of DB Barrone's columns. The first email I came to was labeled "The Why Behind Kevin". I knew who Kevin was, and I figured it was going to be something about why he is the best at fishing... well, I was wrong - so completely wrong that I have a new found liking for KVD (not that I didn't like him before, but more because of "who" he is as a person - which goes a long ways farther than "what" he can do on the water).

Take a few minutes to read this... bet you've never read this in the magazines

https://www.bassmaster.com/blog/why-behind-kevin

I liked that story too. The writers for Bassmaster have done a great job this year with their stories. I actually wrote to Mark Price earlier this year with some questions and a story idea and he actually interviewed Mike Iaconnelli who took the time to answer all of my questions! Very cool of both of them. I really like that magazine, and KVD is definitely an awesome guy. You can tell he really loves his job.

You gotta love a story like that.

I have been reading DB (Don Barone) stories for a long time. I can't call them articles because they are always stories. He's one of my favorites.

Yes sir I was already a KVD fan and I had read that also. I have found that a lot of the pros in fishing are good people. It kind of gives you faith that perhaps there are a few public figures worthy of emulation. KVD -- great angler, great family man, and all around nice guy.

I took the time this morning to read this. It is a very good read and anyone following professional fishing should read it.

Latest posts