Video?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverFox

Reaction score
Any of you guys do video? I'm interested in how you do it as far as mounts for the cameras and what type of cameras. I'm just getting into video and it's always good to get some other ideas. I did video on my first trip yesterday... it turned out well but I only used tripods for the camera mounts. One of me and one on my partner in the back. I've been working on different ways for mounting the cameras all day and have come up with a few things I'll pass along also when I get them installed in my boat. The self-tapping screws I bought today are a little short to mount the bracket I am using on my boat.

I have 2 of the Kodak Playsport cameras and a Sony Cybershot for video. I have a Cannon DSLR for still pics. Hopefully I'll have something worth posting as far as set up before long. I know I'll have to get some larger cards for the playsport cameras. The 4GB they come with is only good for about an hour worth of video. It takes me that long to catch the first fish usually. LOL

Thanks

No. No videos on youtube. Just getting started and looking for ideas on what others are using and or doing.

I've done a ton of searches but from what I can find, there are only a few that actually go into what they are using as far as mounts and other set-ups. Friday was my first day out using the video cameras. The video turned out well but the fish didn't cooperate. I caught 3 smallmouth... only one while I had video running and as it turned out the camera position was too low and missed everything but me from the waste down. The camera moved from it's original position I guess due to the wind. Hopefully I have that fixed now. I've been in the garage and back and fourth to Lowes the last 2 days working on getting my mounts up to where I can get a lot better video hopefully. Still got to get the camera mount for still pictures positioned where I can use the timer on the camera. I fish alone a good bit of the time. It's all a work in process.

I'm in the same boat as you. What I want is the ability for the camera to zoom at least 20x. When I cast a lure, I want the camera to zoom into it and I want the camera to zoom out as the lure comes closer to the boat. I like the videos people are doing, but to see an up close blowup on a frog, popper, or even a double buzzer would rule.

I know that means having a wing man do the camera work though.

I've got a couple of friends that use the hat camera and the sunglass camera. They do well for what they are and you're looking at your lure. I may end up with the glass camera before it all ends but right now I'm gonna give these a go.

I'm with you on seeing the blowup on topwater. Unless you have a buddy that just wants film and not fish you're going to be out of luck... LOL. If you find one, send him my way when you finish.

I've got 3 mounts on my boat at this time. 2 of them are just PVC pipes for my camera stand to slide down in. The other is a flag pole mount like you put on the front of your house. The camera pole then slides down in it and you can move it around from side to side on your boat for positioning. Seems like it's going to work pretty well. Picked the mount up at Lowes for $10.00. I've got 2 of them but only one is mounted right now. I want to get on the water and try it out before I decide where to put the other one.

I've got a Scotty rod holder that I thought about using to give me some angle shots but the flag pole mount does pretty much the same thing and is a lot cheaper in the end... and made of pretty good metal. I ran out of pipe straps so I couldn't put the still pic mount up where I wanted it to go.

If you have any ideas, I would like to hear them.

If you get the chance, check out the kayak videos on youtube for ideas. I also fish from a kayak and those guys have lots of good ideas. Forgot to mention that in my last post.

Latest posts