I am building a jug fishing boat and have a question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotchess

Reaction score
Since the kids will be grabbing jugs on the front. Is it ok to put the trolling motor on the back?

That way I can control where the boat is going while chasing jugs.

Sure. Most people prefer the trolling motor up front because that is where they will be most of the time. It just depends on what youre doing and your preferences.

https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_311451_-1?N=581132574

work great on my 1436 exept for trying to hold a spot with a head wind.

at oreilly auto parts i bought a 2 light 55 halogen light kit with a switch for $25 very bright would make finding jugs easy.

if you dont have one of those screw hooks you use to hang bikes on the end of a pole is very handy.

JamesM56alum said:
what is a jug boat.... :shock:

1220009003753.gif

Lol....

Trolling motor on the back will work just fine. We always just idled the motor down as slow as she would go to pickup the jugs. With kids you might want to try this: Back in the day dad took some old broom handles and put a simple hook on one end and drill a hole in the other end for a small rope to go around our wrist. The extra reach allowed us to pull in the jugs easier without leaning to far out of the boat. Now adays when jug fishing by myself I use a light weight aluminum 5th wheel puller (can be picked up at any truckstop for around $15) to pull them in.

Latest posts