Fishing Glasses...What color?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Don't really care too much about brands....we've been through that several times, BUT..........

What color lens do you prefer, and why?

I like a brownish lens...no particular reason except I think they look nicer on an aviator - my preferred lens shape.

Gray/dark in most conditions

Amber in very low light conditions-but these still need to be a good filter of UV. Brightens the water under the surface in low light conditions, and still cuts any glare from the surface.

Hey Fender...I was told that the polarized brown lens were the best for fishing so that is what I got and I do likethem...they cut the glare on the water and I can see past the surface pretty nicely. :D

I really like the Oakley fives in brown/amber. They are light weight and very comfortable to wear and they don't break the wallet like other Oakley models.

Green lenses on my costas. If you get on their website they have a chart about what each color is best for... green is best for inshore and freshwater...

arkansasnative said:
Green lenses on my costas. If you get on their website they have a chart about what each color is best for... green is best for inshore and freshwater...

I did look at their chart....they have three lenses that they say are good for inshore freshwater.

I actually have a great opportunity to buy two pair for around $65 each....but just two pair. I think I'm going to get the green and amber.

Latest posts