Airsoft Guns

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
For those of you that have kids I just want to give you a heads up before buying your kids one of these guns. They are very dangerouse. My brothers boy got shot in the face yesterday right near his eye. If you do let your kids have one of these guns please teach them all the responsibilities of owning a gun especially a toy gun that nobody thinks will hurt you. And always remember the most dangerous gun is an empty gun. Soryy If I seem like im lecturing on gun control im just trying to save another kids from getting shot in the eye!

Attachments

• GNB2104-3[1].jpg
    GNB2104-3[1].jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 821
  • dans eye 1.jpg
    dans eye 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 811
I can tell you from first hand experience - kids with real looking paint ball guns spells disater.... None of this was a problem many years ago but over the past 10 years or so, kids playing games with "look alike" guns place themselves in real danger.

I can't tell you how many police calls of a "man with a gun" we get because some teenagers are pointing toy (or paintball) guns out car windows or otherwise playing around in areas where seen by other citizens. I CAN, however, tell you that a "man with a gun" call is responded to aggressively and very, very seriously and nothing is assumed or taken for granted.

For some reason, while they are very obediant to rules of the game at paitball facilities, these kids just have to have their guns in the passenger compartment of their cars where they are seen by bystanders (or worse yet, when they point them out the window at people, etc.)

Not saying that they should be able to have them and use them for their intended purpose and fun - just warning parents of the dangers of "kids being kids" when it comes to goofing off in a fun way with a look alike gun.

Sadly, after stopping innocent teenagers at gunpoint, getting them out and putting them down on the ground, with any wrong move on their part courting disaster, because they were seen pointing a gun from within the car - ultimately results in irate parents who come down on the police.

I'm going to stop now and not get into any further philisophical discussion on police tactics - I simply would like to make the point that the parents need to maintain some common sense when it comes to monitoring the carrying/use of look alike weapons by their kids...

enough (maybe too much) said.........

I hate airsoft guns, and paintball guns for that matter. Since the day I got my first bb gun I have been taught gun safety. A few of the places I fish are littered with airsoft pellets and obviously these kids have no respect. I grew up playing with cap guns pointing and shooting at my friends, but once it came to a gun that actually shot a projectile, it became a serious matter, not fun and games. I personally think that paintball and airsoft guns lead to people doing stupid stuff with real guns. My dad has alsways taught me to have great respect for a firearm, painball and airsoft teach the exact opposite. I understand that using the proper protective gear, and what not, with paintball guns can be a lot of fun, but it still teaches you to shoot other people. The kicker is many of the airsoft assault rifle stocks are being modified to fit ruger 10/22 and other semi-auto rifles, so they look like an assault rifle. Maybe we need insta checks for airsoft buyers too :shock:

One of the first gun safety rules is to treat a gun as if it were always loaded. Basically that quote means, never assume a gun is empty.

Thanks for clearing that up. When I was growing up if I would have pointed any kinda gun (play or real) at anybody and my dad found out he would have kicked my *** from here to china and back while wacking me with his belt and thats not much of an exageration.

Looks like he took one to the top of the ear too. IMO if there wasn't such a stigma against guns and kids were brought up with them they would respect them more. Instead they learn about them though violent movies or video games and grow up thinking they are play toys..........

I had a bb gun while growing up if I pointed it at anyone My father would have dropped me on the spot.
Parents will spend hundreds child proofing thier house and then buy a
TOY gun that claims to be safe
I am glad he is okay and i hope the guns were trashed
Wayne

No BB guns in my childhood, plainly put if you could aim it and it shot a projectile I wasn't getting it. Even them lil suction cup dart guns that shot about 5 feet were not allowed. I had a few cap guns but most of the time id rather bust the caps with a hammer or a rock

BassAddict said:
No BB guns in my childhood, plainly put if you could aim it and it shot a projectile I wasn't getting it. Even them lil suction cup dart guns that shot about 5 feet were not allowed. I had a few cap guns but most of the time id rather bust the caps with a hammer or a rock

same here i wasent allowed because i was crazy and i too hit em with rocks

little anth said:
BassAddict said:

Same here, id be the moron who shot himself in the arm at point blank range to see what it felt like

little anth said:
BassAddict said:

me three! :lol:

I used to hit them with rocks all the time!

Zman said:
mtnman said:
And always remember the most dangerous gun is an empty gun.

Why is that? Sorry I'm not very gun literate.

Okay, A TRUELY empty gun isn't all that dangerous. It is the ASSUMED empty gun where the problems start. If I pick up a gun and assume it is empty without checking it I could possible point it at something (or in an unsafe direction) and accidentally discharge the weapon. Since a misfortunate firearm incident when I was in 8th grade I learned the hard way to either clear a weapon or leave it the heck alone. Long story, short:

I found my father's Nickle plated, Ivory gripped, Colt M1911A1 .45 ACP. I thought it was empty as all his other weapons were kept that way. It wasn't and after pointing it at the cat and dog, decided to point it at a box on moms cedar chest. BOOM! 1 shot through the box, wall, bathroom vanity door, clothes hamper and buried into the wall.

Mom made him sell the .45 and of all the weapons I inherited when he passed, that is the one I really would have liked to have.

Good story Flounder - and also brings up the point of how powerful a gun is - people do not realize that if they discharge the weapon in a building they can still kill the next door neighbor inside their home.

Never point a gun at anything you do not want to kill

Always know what is behind whatever you are hoping to hit

Wow crazy story. Good thing you didnt shoot the cat or dog! I have a friend of mine that killed a guy with a shotgun doing basically the same thing. He did 7 years in prison for involentary manslaughter and is never aloud to posess a firearm ever again.

The walls in moms house are plaster and not drywall too. The cabinet door was solid 1/2 birch. All in all I was the luckiest kid in the world that day. I didn't kill the dog, the cat or myself. I missed both of the 2 ceramic horse head bookends my mom made that were in the box I shot. The bullet missed the porcelain bathroom sink by less than 1 inch. I didn't shoot higher and go through the 4'x6' mirror on the bathroom wall. Bullet passed over the clothes in the hamper and stopped in the wall before it got to the plumbing for the shower. Nobody was home with me so there was noboby behind any other wall.

Latest posts