Super Bowl Plans and foods?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for the Super Bowl?

I am going to have a few friends over. On the menu will be some Flank steak sandwiches with horseradish mayo and Cayane/Jalapeno cheese on rolls. A cold cut platter so they can make sandwiches if they want, some Buffalo wings on the grill and then the usual chips, dips, and beer.

I love Super Bowl Sunday!

Just the wife and I this year. We'll probably make it to half time :LOL2: . We're going to deep fry some wings, onion rings and mushrooms on the propane burner.

We have some some neighborhood folks coming over. Everybody is bringing something (potluck style). My wife and I are making Hawaiian Meatballs and Chicken Garlic Pizza. And of course we can't watch football without a big bowl of peanut M&M's! This year I really don't care about either team so I'll be focussing mainly on the food! :D

I know it's going to be hard to believe by most, but I can't stand football. Baseball, I'll take all day long, but football does nothing for me, and being that the Rams are my "home team" doesn't help.

I probably won't watch the game. Might try to catch a commercial or something, but it's likely that I won't even have the TV on. I might, go fishing instead.

I would like to have some superbowl food though. I'll kick my diet for one afternoon. :wink:

Heading to a friends house so I'm not sure whats on the menu. But I'm making jalapeño poppers by request, but this year I'm gonna change it up a little. Usually I slice them long ways and remove seeds and ribs, stuff with a cream cheese cheddar mixture, bread and bake. This year I'm gonna leave seeds cut in slices (rounds) and wrap in wonton wrapper with my cheese mixture. Not sure if I'm gonna fry or bake yet. Gonna make a trial batch tomorrow.

fender66 said:
I know it's going to be hard to believe by most, but I can't stand football. Baseball, I'll take all day long, but football does nothing for me, and being that the Rams are my "home team" doesn't help.

I probably won't watch the game. Might try to catch a commercial or something, but it's likely that I won't even have the TV on. I might, go fishing instead.

I would like to have some superbowl food though. I'll kick my diet for one afternoon. :wink:

I guess I'm even worse! I used to be a huge sports fan but now I don't watch any at all! Time changes priorities although the NSX commercial will be great!

I'm getting my boat ready for a day on the lake.

BTW, sorry about the Rams, but didn't shed a tear when they left here!

superbowlplatter.jpg

fender66 said:

[youtube]qmXacL0Uny0[/youtube]

We are heading over to the neighbors who is making wings and stuffed mushrooms, Lynn and Joe have the sliders and ABT's, and im on pizza, Two Ny style and Two American style! Ill be rooting for the Giants, that Tom Brady and the patriots are so smug...

I will be on lake ice fishing with some buddies Sunday evening. Only sport I care to watch on TV are fishing shows. :D

Im not going to be watching the super bowl, i always record it an watch it after the game because when i bet on games and i watch them i always lose, but if i dont watch the game then i tend to win, sounds dumb i know but hey it keeps me from freaking out on the TV lol

Go PATS!

The gang is coming to my house tomorrow.

Not sure of the entire menu, the wife tends to overdue it.
I do know we are having Pizza and make your own sub sandwiches.
Chip and about a billion dips. She who is, has been on a quest today to buy another crock pot, this one is for the dip.

We have beer and rootbeer on tap, sode in teh fridge, and some hard alcohol for mixed drinks.

Go Giants!!!

I'm gonna have a bowl of ramen noodle soup. Working Sunday night shift and haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any sport in the last 10 years. I find more entertaining things to do than watch overpaid whiners on TV.

Popeye said:
I'm gonna have a bowl of ramen noodle soup. Working Sunday night shift and haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any sport in the last 10 years. I find more entertaining things to do than watch overpaid whiners on TV.

party pooper! :p

:LOL2:

OK, I'm the whiner that doesn't understand the game so I would rather hang out in the kitchen with the wimmenz and grubage. Wait, hanging out with wimmenz and food? I guess I should find a Super Bowl party to attend.

Popeye said:
OK, I'm the whiner that doesn't understand the game so I would rather hang out in the kitchen with the wimmenz and grubage. Wait, hanging out with wimmenz and food? I guess I should find a Super Bowl party to attend.

You can come to my party Popeye!

:twisted: Cheese steak sandwiches and buffalo wings here. Painful to watch as I am an EAGLES fan. Unfortunatley my wife is from North Jersey, so this means she is a HUGE Giants fan. :x

Latest posts