Any computer gamers on here???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re "don't" ..... don't what?...

Here is the deal...

In the last few weeks, someone has been signing onto various gaming sites. I think, inadvertently, he has used my gmail email address.

Hence, I get acknowledgments that xxx signed onto a site. Three of them today!! I don't do anything with the acknowledgements, since most of them don't give you a way to respond.

I changed my password as soon as the first one came in. They continue to arrive.

What I was hoping, is that you, or some other gamer on this site, might already be on one of the sites (list below)....AND...have some way to send a PM to the guy who has his email address messed up. If that solution doesn't work, perhaps you can get a moderator on one of those sites to contact me and he can help.

Someone suggested I just contact the sites and try to take my name off. Since my name is different from the gamer...other than the email address...they won't recognize me. Even if they do...until this guy gets told to get his email address right...it will probably just continue happening.

List is below. What say you? thanks.. R

Dailymotion
War Time Online
Street Racers
Zombie Pandemic
Edgeworld
Kabam
Lord of the Rings
MechQuest
LOTRO
Playlist
King of Games
Bad Eggs

You may send a email to the sites themselves. I would not try to send anythign to him directly. If he is real (which I doubt) that is a lot of sites to get your own email wrong...more likely they are phishing to try to hack you.

It may not even be real registration with those sites actually. Just emails hoping you'll click on thier links.

What i would do is goto these websites and goto where it says log in, and click on the lost password link and usually they will automaticly email the account holder with a new password, and since your email is the one the person is playing under then you will be email his password not him, change his password or delete the account an boom no more problems..

Just my personal opinion, i tried getting into a couple of the websites but the company i work for is on a secure server and i can only goto certain websites that are approved by the admins..

Thanks for the suggestions. That is probably what I will do...however...until I get to this guy, he will continue to mis-type the email address and this nonsense will never stop.

One of the new sites this morning gave me his user name and password. My guess is he uses the same user name and password on all of the sites, so maybe i can get in that way. As I guessed, his first name is the same as mine.

Big waste of my time. One hint is that he might be born in 99 and that makes him 13; Yee Gods,
at thirteen I only had a baseball and and new found interest in girls... thanks R

lol yep totally different generation man when i was 13 i was taking engines apart and putting them back togeather, kids now adays are more worried about getting dirt under their fingernails than they are anything else..

Im so screwed when i decide to retire cause i know for a fact this generation wont do a **** thing for our future..

re retiring...worrying about this generation doing anything for us....if you have to count on them...better not retire too soon.

My three sons and one daughter are all OK. Of course, they are probably YOUR generation..i.e. 40's and 50's now. Ha Ha..

The grandkids...well, we will just have to wait and find out. They look OK now, but only one is old enough to have a real job.

regards, R

JamesM56alum said:
What i would do is goto these websites and goto where it says log in, and click on the lost password link and usually they will automaticly email the account holder with a new password, and since your email is the one the person is playing under then you will be email his password not him, change his password or delete the account an boom no more problems..

=D>

That's an awesome idea. Can't wait till someone screws up with my email.

Latest posts