Location Required

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Jim (and all members),

I have noticed since joining that many members have an adversity to indicating their location when they sign up. I think that there was also a past post asking for location of members, but I think we still have numerous members out there in "unkown land"!!!!!!

Just today, a new member (3-9-08), b1gluke56 posted some pics of really nice crappies. The title was "from the Mid-West". Well, I'm from the mid west and it would really be nice to know where he is, how close, etc. Heck, maybe we fish the same lake????

I know nickk and flownderhead are from northern illinois (like myself) and clearly, the vast majority of members are from the east coast area, but there are so many members out there from some "unknown" land????

As we continue to grow, I think that we would definately attract more members if they saw more existing members from their area and see that our group is becoming more geographically diverse. Simply stated, hearing about all the fishing info, bait & tackle, etc., etc., etc., from out east doesn't excite me as much as if I were hearing some of the same reports from Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa -WHEREVER. I love hearing the reports from Tenessess & Kentucky because my wife's family is from there and I have fished that area a lot.

So.................... would you consider making the "location" a mandatory field to fill in when signing up? Just the state would be better than nothing!!

Also, along the same lines, let's get our current members to list their location as well. Can you do something like make it a fill in the field next time they sign in? Surely this cannot be such an invasion of privacy that people would shun??? If so, they can alway lie (but of couse, big brother might be watching) :D :D

As always, the "my two cents" disclaimer......

I agree with you 100 percent, But I can not force anyone to put down anything they don't want to.

1, Because the software dose not give me that option.

2, I don't want anyone putting down anything they don't fell like putting down.

If they read this and feel like changing it in their profile, that is up to them.

Jim said:
I agree with you 100 percent, But I can not force anyone to put down anything they don't want to.

1, Because the software dose not give me that option.

2, I don't want anyone putting down anything they don't fell like putting down.

If they read this and feel like changing it in their profile, that is up to them.

Ah, a politically correct response - you agree 100%... BUT... you can't or won't do anything about it because, because, because..... Okay, the jig's up, who owns you?????? :lol: :lol: (is he laughing????) (just my feeble attempt at humor.........

I understand and (at the risk of plagerism) I agree 100%... :D

Jim said:
8)

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi.php?t=2358

As good as it can be, thanks Jim. I really think locations of members will improve our club - The"Original Aliminum Boat Fishing Club"......