This guy has got to be kidding me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JamesM56alum said:
Its nice but not that nice #-o

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/boa/2838872118.html

I live by dozens of people that I could see snatching that up, even at 4k.

What is expensive to some is just a "gotta have" to others. That thing does look nice too. I'm starting to appreciate restored boats more and more.

PitFishin' said:
JamesM56alum said:
Heres another one lol thats a big *** tin!

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/boa/2814903435.html

i like the #2 in this one.
I could turn that into a real nice duck hunting machine.

WE have a saying here in the South - "Every frog praises his own pond."

Its natural for an owner to see his property as being of inestimable value, able to command the highest prices. At the same time, many people feel that the Greater Fool Theory is always at work. These folks like to "test the waters" with their offerings.
(Greater Fool Theorists believe there is always a greater fool out there willing to pony up. Sometimes they are right.)

Typically, all of this combines to bring an unmotivated seller to the market. In most cases you'll find they don't really NEED to sell, and are willing to hold out for someone to meet their price. If it doesn't sell, well.... its no big deal to them.

Naturally, these are the worst kind of sellers for the motivated buyer. I always tell such sellers what my budget is and why. If they want to negotiate within that framework - great. If not, I bid them farewll and don't let the door hit me in the @ss on the way out.

dahut said:
WE have a saying here in the South - "Every frog praises his own pond."

Its natural for an owner to see his property as being of inestimable value, able to command the highest prices. At the same time, many people feel that the Greater Fool Theory is always at work. These folks like to "test the waters" with their offerings.
(Greater Fool Theorists believe there is always a greater fool out there willing to pony up. Sometimes they are right.)

Typically, all of this combines to bring an unmotivated seller to the market. In most cases you'll find they don't really NEED to sell, and are willing to hold out for someone to meet their price. If it doesn't sell, well.... its no big deal to them.

Naturally, these are the worst kind of sellers for the motivated buyer. I always tell such sellers what my budget is and why. If they want to negotiate within that framework - great. If not, I bid them farewll and don't let the door hit me in the @ss on the way out.

Nicely put and Amen to that =D> =D> =D>

nicely put and Amen to that =D> =D> =D>[/quote said:
Weird things go through your mind when you are suddenly thrust onto the night shift! LOL

Something else came to my fetid mind along this subject. Tin boat aficionado's are, shall we say, bargain oriented. Most of us think nothing of taking some raggedy POS boat and making it new. Or we want to, anyway. It is the pinnacle of our efforts, really, what we most admire.
Meanwhile, we perpetuate the concept that we must obtain the boat itself at a low cost. No other boat makes fiscal sense to us unless it can be had at rock-bottom price. We pat ourselves on the back when we manage that, in fact.
In a nutshell, this biases us against seller pricing. Fair prices become worthy of scorn and genuinely high prices become a cause for war!

Added to this is the fact that the Art of The Deal, negotiation in other words, seems to be a fading talent days. A few still know how to kick it off and get a dialogue going, but many just drop it and walk.
l'll walk, as I mentioned before, but not before I've tried getting into the sellers head. Usually, when the seller is a reluctant one, this has little effect. But once in a while it makes the difference and I've had them call me to make an offer.

Latest posts