Think your Parents Were Tough?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats parenting 1.1 dont mess with the father, my stepson learned that hard the first time he poped off at me when i told him to clean his room, he walked up stairs shut the door and told me dont talk to him. I kicked the door in took everything except the box spring out of his room, even took the light bulbs an threw the breaker for his room, no tv no games no blankets no heat, no mattress and told him to have a nice freakin night... He never EVER tried that again an when hes told to do something by his mother an he talks back i tell him to move it an he jumps when i tell him to.

i personally dont like kids because of that simple reason, and the schools an government now adays makes the kids think they can get away with murder and we as parents cant punish them. Dude i got my *** beat by my dad from the time i woke up till the time i went to bed if i didnt do what he said when he said to do it. People are so quick to blame the parents when the child doesnt listen or talks back, it's kinda hard to be a parent when the schools and daycares let them get away with it and when they get home they do the same thing.

I agree with this guy 1000000000000000000% and i wish i could have been there to see the girls face when she found out about the computer and even when he posted that on Utube, rude awakening any one ?

While I don't hold anything against the guy, in fact I think it's quite funny... I hope he does realize that an angry response doesn't fix the root issue. There are serious communication problems going on both sides. hopefully he has a serious sit down talk with her and explains why he had to take the computer away...giving consequences are great but she needs to understand why and how things need to be in the future.

Good on him for saying he would do something and following up on it.

Should not have wasted explosive hollow points on though...regular rounds would do. ;)

iMO if a kid wants to use a computer they can use the family one in the living room. I understand wanting to give your kids things but all it does is spoil them to the point they get like this girl having a sense of entitlement.

That kid got off easy compared to what my parents would have done to me if I talked like that. I would have sold that laptop though, no reason to be out the money, I'm sure the parents bought it for her anyway.

earl60446 said:
That kid got off easy compared to what my parents would have done to me if I talked like that. I would have sold that laptop though, no reason to be out the money, I'm sure the parents bought it for her anyway.
I agree.

All my dad had to do was frown his eyebrows at me and I knew it wasn't going to be a good day for me! That in itself kept me in line.

On the funnier side of parenting, (if cuss words disgust you, don't click):

[youtube]TMLr5tOjF3A&feature=related[/youtube]

That was AWESOME! Can't wait till my girls hit the teen years. I don't know if we can survive them!

Guess I was lucky in that laptop, facebook, utube, iphones, etc., were not even around when I was raising my daughter who is almost 32 now and I'm 57. Same arguments/issues, just over different things, FB now, never heard of FB/iphones, etc. 18 yrs ago. Different ways of punishing bad behavior from now to back then. My daughter now has a 20 month old son who WILL be a hell raiser with no help from me (but I will probably help some with that :LOL2: ) and my favorite phrase now is "Payback is hell a'int it [-o<

Maybe in Missouri, but in the states God still lives in we can shoot our laptops all we want. ;) jk

Latest posts