I know it has been said before.. but.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
I know this has been said before, but we need some sort of LIKE button or some way of acknowledging that we agree or like what another member has posted. Beeeeecause, sometimes that person says something/ or comments on a topic perfectly!
just sayin' :D

thumbs_up_smiley_92767758_156826516.jpg

I don't know much about forum software, but one of the forums I belong to have a "Rate this thread" button and the top top of each thread. I guess that's a start

Jay415 said:
I don't know much about forum software, but one of the forums I belong to have a "Rate this thread" button and the top top of each thread. I guess that's a start

What!!!! You belong to "another" forum??? Shame! [-X [-X [-X

:LOL2: :LOL2:

cumminsforum.com has a way for members to publicly thank another member for a good post.

below the pics you can see what if talking about

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/350031-dana-80-restack-2-a.html

I'll be the stick in the mud - I can't stand Facebook and pervasiveness of it's "Like" crap. It offers nothing to the conversation, or the thread other than to merely acknowledge that you were present in it.

A forum is a community, and a community offers support and acknowledgement through participation. If you "like" a post well enough to click a button, I think it'd be even better if you participate in it.

IMO.

wihil said:
I'll be the stick in the mud - I can't stand Facebook and pervasiveness of it's "Like" crap. It offers nothing to the conversation, or the thread other than to merely acknowledge that you were present in it.

A forum is a community, and a community offers support and acknowledgement through participation. If you "like" a post well enough to click a button, I think it'd be even better if you participate in it.

IMO.

Do you text? :roll:

I make almost the same argument about "texting". I want to hear your beautiful voice....not read from you in broken english...if you can call it that.

Yeah -- not a big Facebook fan....from a sysadmin point of view it is a nightmare. I don't do a lot of texting either...I would rather send an email or call someone but you know --I'm old. :)

Well sometimes I don't really have much to add to a post... I like a guys build or a picture. I don't always have a reason to type something....I could show the guy I like it by clicking like.

As for the forum being a comunity ...Facebook has manymore people interacting with each other than any other forum. Yes the "Like" button is used alot of times. But a lot of interaction goes on between friends. Or at least with my friends. I am not a big fan of the attention seeking that goes on there but thats just people.

I agree most times its better to tell someone what you like about it. But if I just want to say "Hey, I like that"....wouldn't clicking a "Like" button do the same?

Latest posts