2012 tinboats tournament?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trophybass13 said:
havent heard any talk of a 2012 tinboats tourney, will there be one this year?

Yes there will be an "online" one but I am not sure of a gathering some place.

Stay Tuned. I am thinking 2 tournaments running at the same time. A Crappie Tournament and a Bass Tournament.

Jim said:
trophybass13 said:
havent heard any talk of a 2012 tinboats tourney, will there be one this year?

Yes there will be an "online" one but I am not sure of a gathering some place.

Stay Tuned. I am thinking 2 tournaments running at the same time. A Crappie Tournament and a Bass Tournament.

We should also have a saltwater tournoment 8)

What is a Crappie? Bass, Strippers....I thought they were on poles.....Just Kidding guys....I like the idea of an online gentlemans tournament.....especially the saltwater division....I personally do not even know how to bass or crappie fish but Im going to learn..... :lol:

bigwave said:
What is a Crappie? Bass, Strippers....I thought they were on poles.....Just Kidding guys....I like the idea of an online gentlemans tournament.....especially the saltwater division....I personally do not even know how to bass or crappie fish but Im going to learn..... :lol:

Im not too good with the fresh water stuff either. I have salt in my blood :lol:

A tourny would be great!! I can't compete with some of lakes in the south where 5lb bass are common though... Here in NY, a 5lber is a treasure.

Is there any handicap for that? Maybe size vs. state records? I'm not familiar with how an online tourny would work.

Bigkat650 said:
A tourny would be great!! I can't compete with some of lakes in the south where 5lb bass are common though... Here in NY, a 5lber is a treasure.

Is there any handicap for that? Maybe size vs. state records? I'm not familiar with how an online tourny would work.

X2

Kind of hard to compete when your state record is the average size catch in somebody else's lake.

Now if we wanted to go with biggest fish. I'll catch me an average 40"+ Musky and we'll see how you Bass boys fair. :mrgreen:

Bigkat650 said:

how about [(fish weight)/(state record)]x100

lets use 3 lb large mouth
[(3lb)/(16.8 AL record)]x100= 17 points

[(3lb)/(11.4NY record)]x100= 26 points

Bigkat650 said:

I think state records can be deceiving and most are decades old. I fish an online kayak tournament series and they use the AMI calculator for some events to even things up:

https://www.anglingmasters.com/index.aspx?too=2003&eve=4

And, of course, everything is based on length.

Hanr3 said:
Bigkat650 said:

X2

Kind of hard to compete when your state record is the average size catch in somebody else's lake.

Now if we wanted to go with biggest fish. I'll catch me an average 40"+ Musky and we'll see how you Bass boys fair. :mrgreen:

Yea I got some Northern Pike here that eat 5lb bass! Still not as big as a huge Musky, but pretty close!! We do have lake and brown trout that are heavy weights too.

200racing said:
Bigkat650 said:

how about [(fish weight)/(state record)]x100

lets use 3 lb large mouth
[(3lb)/(16.8 AL record)]x100= 17 points

[(3lb)/(11.4NY record)]x100= 26 points

Looks like a winner in my book, certainly helps level the playing field.

Drewgill said:
https://www.anglingmasters.com/index.aspx?too=2003&eve=4

And, of course, everything is based on length.

i wouldnt mind using that system

edit to add:
since the record smallmouth is a pound heavier than the record spotted bass could we use smallmouth to calculate them...... using largemouth for them isnt fair to me.

Latest posts