Happily Employed Again!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
Well I successfully beat the 5 month average time for being unemployed and found a new job. I started last week in a completely different industry than anything I have had experience in. I have gone from taking care of ponds, wearing clothes with stains and holes, to monitoring coal as its loaded onto cargo ships, wearing shirt and tie. The new job is a MUCH better situation as far as pay and benefits go. The hours are going to be a little unpredictable based on when ships arrive and whether they have their paperwork straight. (There has been a ship at anchor since last Tuesday and still does not have its paperwork taken care of, I spent all day in the office essentially doing nothing as a result) From everything I can gather this is a great company to work for.

It just so happened in this case that knowing the right person helped out. Using a connection from my MBA program worked in my favor.

Good luck to anyone else out there looking a for a job. Its tough and frustrating, but something will come up.

congrats, any job is hard to find, and a good one is even harder. again, congrats.

Latest posts