Stupid crappy new gas cans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Since the government has forced us to use the newer "safety" can, I've spilled more gas than when I used to use a jerry can and a funnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaxxcZmrw4

I never even seen one of those. Nobody has made me quit using the same-ole gas cans I've been using for yrs. Stores are still full of the same cans I'm using. Are they switching everyone over to this new style?

Can't even find an old school one around here. A couple years ago they were introduced and pretty sure they are required for all new cans. I needed a large capacity one for mixing my ATV gas in so I had to buy this piece of garbage.

We have Em around but they aren't mandatory...I haven't tested the one I have now for leak proof but the old one I had was great...looked a little beefier than yours though.

Popeye said:
Since the government has forced us to use the newer "safety" can, I've spilled more gas than when I used to use a jerry can and a funnel

you noticed that too. thought it was just me. - NEW & IMPROVED :?: #-o

Popeye said:

First, the cans are advertised as "spill proof", not leak proof. :roll: The guy is demonstrating just that. The **** thing leaks. But, arguing with the government is like pissing into the wind, so...... just buy youself a couple Jerry cans on the internet and ignore them. :wink:

In my video, if I would have just tipped the can on it's side instead of inverting it, like it would be if it fell over in the car, it would still spill. Want to make it totally leak proof make them so you can remove the spout from the threaded part and insert a blank disk. Also, the gas flows out the side of the spout even more than that when filling the ATV because there is no spring pressure on the "sealing" disk inside the spout.

Ahhhh, yeah that sucks. Mine has spring pressure and you can still invert it and put the disk in.

Some of my old plastic cans are so tight they swell up like a basketball if you leave them in the sun.

Man, I hope no one makes me buy one of those crappy things. :shock: Does anyone really test these things before they make mandates?

I like my plastic ones.

Those new cans suck, actually can is ok, spout is what sucks. Obviously mandated by some idiot in government who never used one in their whole life, probably will regret saying this but probably a woman. Would not doubt it was nancy pelosis idea. Oh Yah, if you guys get a email titled, nude photos of nancy pelosi, DO NOT OPEN IT, it has nude photos of nancy pelosi.

earl60446 said:
Obviously mandated by some idiot in government who never used one in their whole life,

And obviously manufactured by some idiot in a greedy corporation (made in China, owned by Halliburton, corporate HQ in the bahamas) that doesn't test products before placing them on the market. :roll: :roll:

Latest posts