Score! i love walmart!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM56alum

Reaction score
Farmington, minnesota "Orginally Pensacola, F
Me an the wife hit walmart last night :D and i had to sneak a peak at the sporting goods an guess what i found on clearance, a new 13lb river ancher for 19.00 regular 29.00 and alot of rubber worms an cricket's for like a 1.00 a pack regular 4.50 a pack i love the clearance sections... not sure why they were on clearance though cause the stuff that wasnt on clearance was the same exact thing for full price, musta changed the barcodes or something hey their loss my gain!!!! over all i saved a little over 25 bucks an only paid like 35 bucks totasl most expensive being the anchor.. They had a couple of bow lights an some cleats on sell that i wanted to grab too but i had to just pace my self since we're saving for the move also... Just because i have the money doesnt mean i need to spend it!

If a local business is willing to give me the best deal, I happily give them my business. :)

I don't like getting screwed for my money so I go to the place that is going to give me the best price. If that happens to be the Walmart clearance bin, than so be it. Often it's a yard sale or Craigslist.

Congrats on the deal, bud - nothing wrong with that.

thats all fine an dandy but my local fishing business is corp IE " Fleet farm " which is where i normally go anyways but i was already at walmart an figured i'd check out what they had.

i work for a privately owned local business, i know where you're coming from but i also see alot of privately owned business IE ACE hardware rape people ( 200+ % ) markup i refuse to go any where near ACE in any state

moberg12 said:
I would have gladly spent the extra $25 at a local business!!

Last week, the Wallyworld near me had stuff on clearance with a sign posted that said "Take an additional 50% off all clearance items". I bought a white Attwood LED bow nav light (even though I just had bassboy put a black one on #-o ), for $11, regular price was $39.99, and a new strap to hold the back of the boat to the trailer for $5.50, regular price $14.99 I think.

The Walmarts around here clearanced all thier boat stuff. It was all Seasense brand. Now the exact same thing in another brand is on the shelf. I don't mind the stuff being the older brand myself. I picked up and anchore too.

The only one that kinda bit me was I picked up a d-cell bow light (clamp on style) just in case I ever fish at night. And the new ones are now LED. It would have been nice to have LED instead of the older stlye. But I got it cheap I guess I will keep it or find a LED that fits it.

Man you guys found some good stuff. Ours didn't really mark a lot of the boat stuff down...most of it had clearance stickers but the prices weren't good.

I got a new fuel hose and bulb kit for $12 though and a hundred feet of rope for $2. I was really hoping for a bilge pump - I heard somebody on here got the 800 gph for $18.

Ya like Jason said, they are just switching brands.

Last week I picked up 4 cleats, a fire extinguisher, a transom saver, and some new letters/numbers, for $35. Full price would have been around $55.

I saw the anchors and I'm still debating on going back and getting one.

Do it! im planning on going back this weekend if there is anything left i wanna grab those lights now that i have a little extra pocket change it's a good idea to have an extra anchor at home case one gets snagged an you gotta cut it loose, then you wont be out the extra cash when buying at full price

The Wally World where I live is shrinking their fishing and boating section. The last great deal I got was a hefty set of stern straps for $3.00 which I used on my heavier fiberglass boat. Haven't seen ANY clearance items in that department for a long while.