I finally did it...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a hitch for my car. I bought a drawtite one from etrailer.com. Ordered it last tuesday, and it came in that Wednesday. Come to find out, the warehouse is in Earth City, MO...about 2 1/2 hours from my parents house.

So yesterday I drove down to my parents house and me and my dad put it on. Instructions said it was 45min-1hr install time. It took us about 1hr 30mins to put it on because I had some troubles grinding one of the weld-nuts off.

I ordered a wiring kit from another website that allows you to just plug the wiring into your existing lights without having to splice any wires. That literally took about 10 mins...the hardest part was getting the felt liner in the trunk out of the way.

I then put the car/hitch to the test. From my parents place to my fiance's place (where I'm storing the boat) is about 80miles. The car pulled it with no problems...except for horrible gas mileage :D (went from 33 down to about 22) It only made the rear end drop about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Which is a lot less than I figured it would.

Here is a picture with the trailer hooked up. I'll try tomorrow to get some pictures of the actual hitch.

Attachments

• carhitch.jpg
    carhitch.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 426
Are there safety chains on that trailer? Don't see any in the photo. I believe it is required eqpt in the most corrupt state in america. Home Sweet Home.
Yim

earl60446 said:
Are there safety chains on that trailer? Don't see any in the photo. I believe it is required eqpt in the most corrupt state in america. Home Sweet Home.
Yim
I agree, you should connect a set of safety chains :mrgreen:

Latest posts