Funny Fishing Stories.....Funny now...sucked then

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfire01

Reaction score
It wasn't funny at the time but......Many seasons ago, a friend and I arrived at our spot for opening day of trout. We were in a great spot, however there was a small group of brush in front of us. We were in our spot several hours before the season opened. We placed our poles and tackle on the ground and waited for time to pass. I decided to use my hand held pruner ( aka ...spinner retriever) to trim the brush . It was still dark when I heard a frightening sound of fiberglass shatterring as I closed my grip on the pruner. Yup, I just cut my own and brand new, never used Fenwick HMG trout slayer. I was sick to my stomach. Lucky for me I always carry a spare pole/reel and the local sporting goods replaced it w/o any issues. My buddy swore to never speak of this incident. It only took about 1/2 hour after seeing a relative ....and one beer later for him to spill his guts and tell eveyone.

Yeah that stinks....

How about fishing all day getting home, reaching into your jacket pocket and finding 6 inches of the tip of your rod in there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must of happened when we closed the door.....

Try driving 3 hrs, arriving on scene, get out and head for the jon, when you return you find the top 10 in. of your (only) rod lying on the ground. Fowl language spoken, trip ended. Bad day!!! :evil:

On the way home from the sporting goods store with a brand new ultralight rod sticking out the window.Pulled into the driveway and out of habit pushed the button to raise the windows. Made up some new words that day.

Latest posts