Mexico Fishing Trip 2009

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever fish Mexico? Specifically Lake Baccarac? Thinking of booking a trip for next year (Feb-May).

This is the place I have been looking at: https://www.lakebaccaraclodge.com/index.htm

Right now It just me and a buddy going for the 4night 3 fishing day trip.

Any of you have any interest in trying to get a group to go? The trip itself including Everything except flight there and gratuities is like $1500. So I'm thinking total trip will be under $3000. That gives us roughly 10-11 months to save for the trip of a lifetime.

Wife gave me the OK! 8) ...I just need to come up with the $$$

Do you think if I dream hard enough I can find the $$$$$, It's a long trip from MI. :D

I fish Loreto once a year and twice when I can swing it. The Sea of Cortez has never let me down. We do a 3 day fishing trip, there a total of 5 and it usually runs anywhere between 800-1000, hotel airfare and fishing. In the spring we target the big yellowtail and summer months dorado-tuna-billfish, and many species of rockfish if the surface is slow. Nic equiet fishing town, but enough to keep you entertained. Keith

I work for an airline That would be great but I think the wife would want to go with!.....hm how to make it sound fun for me but no fun for her lol

b1gluke56 said:
I work for an airline That would be great but I think the wife would want to go with!.....hm how to make it sound fun for me but no fun for her lol

I have the solution - one word:

Mosquitoes

aedes_aegypti_biting_human.jpg

After seeing what some of the border lakes can produce, Amistad and now Falcon, I would be very tempted to just tow the boat and make a road trip out of it rather than go to Mexico. It would require a couple of extra day for driving and I know that towing a boat accross the country can be a pain, but I think it sounds like fun.

The guys on Falcon this week are talking about there smallest fish in their limit being a 7 pounder :shock:

Man, that would be awesome! Unfortunetly...I serious doubt I could come up with $3K for a trip...haha. Sounds like it would be an awesome lake to fish though!

Bubba said:
Man, that would be awesome! Unfortunetly...I serious doubt I could come up with $3K for a trip...haha. Sounds like it would be an awesome lake to fish though!

I'm going to stop feeding the kids for a few months :shock: JK

Jim said:
Bubba said:

Now thats a man with true dedication! =D>

:LOL2:

Bubba said:
Jim said:
Bubba said:

Now thats a man with true dedication! =D>

:LOL2:

I actually pounced on the wife in a moment of weakness and she said yes...After she came too........she started in on "Well I dont know"

Lets see if this Jedi Master still has the technique.....OR I'll throw a tantrum like my 6 and 4 year old.

BlueWaterLED said:
After seeing what some of the border lakes can produce, Amistad and now Falcon, I would be very tempted to just tow the boat and make a road trip out of it rather than go to Mexico. It would require a couple of extra day for driving and I know that towing a boat accross the country can be a pain, but I think it sounds like fun.

The guys on Falcon this week are talking about there smallest fish in their limit being a 7 pounder :shock:

okay, I'll drive down to you and share the driving and costs; we got a year right? :D

Nickk said:
BlueWaterLED said:

okay, I'll drive down to you and share the driving and costs; we got a year right? :D

Count me in! :D

Latest posts