SKUNKED!!! 3x in a row!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter

Reaction score
Ive been bass fishing 3 times in the past week and got skunked every time! I've tried lots of techniques, theyre not on their beds. Water temps been 51-55deg. Two different reservoirs. Mainly been casting jigs with crawdad trailer and watching depth finder and trying to stay in warmer water. Argggghhh!!! I've spent about 10 hours slow retrieving and it's so frustrating!!!

:twisted: With water temps that high, GO FAST!!!! Those big girls will be feeding. Burn lipless cranks. The faster the better. Chatterbaits/Spinnerbaits are also ideal for those conditions. Cover as much water as possible!!!! I have killed it up hear in Jersey with similar conditions in the years past. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I bought one the day and used it for about an hour. Never used one before that. Maybe I'll give it a shot again. It's a Rapala Husky jerk. The only bass I even saw was in a 3ft deep timbered cove where the water was the warmest at 55deg. A nice 4-5lber jumped 10ft in front of my boat. The bass waited til the jig was in mid cast and headed for cover, dropped in the hole and set the hook on a log. Water was murky at about 1ft-2ft visibility.

in the afternoon try throwing around dark west facing structure, rocks and metal sea wall espacialy,should be warmer right around those.

fish devil said:
:twisted: With water temps that high, GO FAST!!!! Those big girls will be feeding. Burn lipless cranks. The faster the better. Chatterbaits/Spinnerbaits are also ideal for those conditions. Cover as much water as possible!!!! I have killed it up hear in Jersey with similar conditions in the years past. GOOD LUCK!!!!
thanks for the tips devil...I will give it a shot but you say "temps that high" and I think of them as being low. I'll feel like I'm going against my religion with a fast retrieve. Are you talking deep divers or even in the sunned up shallows

vahunter said:
fish devil said:
thanks for the tips devil...I will give it a shot but you say "temps that high" and I think of them as being low. I'll feel like I'm going against my religion with a fast retrieve. Are you talking deep divers or even in the sunned up shallows

:twisted: I'm comparing "Temps" from my neck of the woods which are cooler than you have down there. Lipless cranks aka rattle traps and chatterbaits for the shallower areas are my best baits in these conditions. Remember the water is warming up, these fish are getting out of there "winter mode". They will be FEEDING, getting ready for the spawn.

Hope so...I could really use it. I have a youngan expected at the end of the month so I'm trying to fish as much as I can, while I can. I'll be going Friday and Saturday/Sunday. With yalls help and a little more cooperation from the fish I may be able to git-r-done

Where in HR are you? I'm in Greenbrier in Chesapeake. I got a nice one the other day, Jim actually put it on the home page. I mainly do bank fishing, so if you aren't against walking, I'll show you around a couple lakes...

in NN area. I saw the chump you got, id guess any easy 5lb by the way. I appreciate the offer, if i plan to go out that way ill give you a holler.

Went out for a little while this afternoon, for a couple hours. I was experimenting a little bit with the suggestions. I only caught two 2-pounders but it was a good start. I did lose 2 bass though but all bass were in the darker, west side coves but don't know the water temps. I did not have a fish finder because mine broke the other day and with a baby due in 3 weeks I can't pull that one...I was cranking fire tiger and blue rapala at a fairly high speed. Thanks guys! I broke the curse......and my fish finder. Haha

Latest posts