Question abot boat insurance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.U. Fishin

Reaction score
So I'm moving out of my place with the oversize 2 car garage that was home to my 14' tin and a ridiculous amount of tools. At the new place I'll have room for most of my tools provided my car lives in the driveway. my plan was to get a storage locker to keep the boat , bigger stand-mounted tools and any overflow.
When I went to talk to the storage place today I was told that I need to have full coverage insurance on the boat to be able to store it there. I did a little research and found that I can add liability ins for the boat onto my auto coverage for $100/yr, that seems reasonable to me. Now the full-coverage would be about $400/yr. I'm thinking thats a bit steep for a 1957 Richline hull with a 1971 25 horse evinrude all sitting on a 1984 trailer. It does have fishing decks, seats, built-in storage, 2 basic fishfinders and a hand-control trolling motor w/battery. All stuff i installed on the boat, it was just a shell and trailer when I found it. My guess is that complete package value is $1500-$2000.
Any ideas on how to approach this storage facility differently or more reasonable places to check for an ins. quote.
I really want to keep he boat but between storage and insurance costs that they are talking about it may need to go bye-bye

seems high to me, try skisafe!

https://www.skisafe.com/

I had more than 100k insurance on my 2003 G3 pro team 165 and it was only like 250 for the year.

Latest posts