Don't get old. do something different..from the "Chief" Ha

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Well, last night was another strange happening in this old guy's life. For reasons that I still don't understand, I decided to audition for a part in a local community theater's presentation of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

No doubt, due to my being the tallest guy in the room, they gave me the part of the "big Indian" in the play. At 72 years and counting, this old guy had his first acting role!

Now, in the play, the "chief" has a somewhat different role than in the movie that you might have seen. Let's just say that the "chief" talks to his deceased papa in a strange, confused way for much of the first act, even though he is supposed to be deaf and dumb. ( I told you it was strange).

Anyhow, doing the acting was way more fun than I deserved. Applying and removing the copper colored indian makeup is the least fun part of the experience. I don't know how women do it.

Seven more nights to go, all throughout March, and it was worth the many long hours of practice. Just hope I can remember my lines EVERY night!

Don't get old...do something different....

regards, Rich

https://www.ph1960.com

1nofeathersDSC03837.jpg

That is great! Kudos to you for trying something new and different

I bet you have a great time!

Just remember us little people when Hollywood comes calling - I, for on, would like a new boat

Ug! He make very good Indian... But I wonder why he is so sad?
Good for you man... we old timers (I'm 72 also) need to get out and try new stuff that our age will allow... 2 year ago 3 of us did a 140 mile bicycle ride in 3 days. You saying the worst part was getting the make up off, my biggest trouble was finding someone to put some liniment on my behind.
Way to go. You may have opened up a whole new carer.

Thanks, I now have been through two nights...Six to go...two on each of the next three weekends. Amazing, I only screwed up a little on the second night..and not too much on the first. Hope my memory stays with me for the next week. I've got to keep practicing.

This whole experience is a strange one for me. I'm actually thinking about writing a little story about "community theater" and what I learned and found...when it is all over. R

LOVE that picture!

Congrats on the new hobby. I used to do stuff like that when I was a bit younger and single of course. Had a blast in every play I was in.

Good luck with the upcoming shows! There could be a star on a sidewalk with your name on it some day. :LOL2: :LOL2:

=D> who says us old guys sit around in a rocking chair. I'm 64 and should go back to work; TO GET A REST!!! project, after project, after project. always something to do. glad you're having fun on your new endeavor.

I spent the last 20 years of my business career working with retirees. the one constant they said was..." I don't know how I ever had time for work....I am so busy in retirement"

I fully agree, now on my 13th year of retirement.

R

Latest posts