tracker 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bono

Reaction score
does anyone have this boat? (tracker 1436) i have been looking for a boat to deck and i was curious about how high people with experience would take the deck, if they would recommend it at all. any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

36" Floored boats can be a bit sketchy when standing on a flush mounted deck or any at that matter regardless of height. If you want something that will be stable look for a wider boat. Below is a picture of my forward deck on a 1436. It wasn't a matter of if, but when I would fall off. Don't take this the wrong way, If I had another one I'd build it with a forward deck, but I wouldn't want anyone standing or walking around while I was up there..

Attachments

• boat3.JPG
    boat3.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 325
i was thinking about decking about half way up, just high enough to fit some rods under the floor, i would have roughly 5" of sidewall left? then i wanted to doing a small flush deck up front just for anchor/tackle boxes/trolling motor mount i do not plan to stand on the flush front, highest i plan on going is about 6"

I had that boat for 6 years and had a number of close calls but no overboards. I can't recommend going high with the mid deck unless the person in the back sits ALL the time and never makes any sudden movements, and the batteries actually sit on the floor of the boat. You need weight down low in the boat to keep it stable.

You should be okay with a flush front deck, but you would be a lot safer going with a front floor that starts at the base of the bow step and goes to the middle of the front bench seat. It offers good height, plenty of floor space, and still stable enough to comfortably stand and fish from the front.

Latest posts