Just not having good luck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
Saturday afternoon I was on the river and was working up the river hitting a few holes for bait on the way to a striper hole. I kept hearing gunshots and thought nothing of it just figured someone was having some target practice. It started getting later in the afternoon and I had a decent amount of bait so I turned up and started heading toward my hole. I got alongside a little riverside community and slowed down to keep my wake from beating their docks and boats up. As I was idling along I hear a gunshot followed buy a bullet wizzing over my head and impacting the bank of the river opposite the community. :shock: I looked and theirs a guy sitting on his porch shooting over the top of me, he fires another shot and I holler at him as to what his f-ing issue is and he just flicks me off and fires another shot. :evil: At this point I shoot the juice to it and get the hell out of dodge. I called the DNR but don't know how much good it will do me as they are pretty understaffed in our area. Needless to say I was pretty shook up after it all and waited till after dark to go back by again.

It's a sad day when a fellas got to start packing heat just to go fishing. Too bad you couldn't have snuck up behind him and put a crease in the back of his bean. The good news is that you didn't catch any of what he was throwing. Glad to hear you're allright.

Wow, that must have been scary! If that happened here in So Cal, the S.W.A.T. team would have been there with the helicopters! Glad to hear you weren't hurt.

HANGEYE said:
It's a sad day when a fellas got to start packing heat just to go fishing. Too bad you couldn't have snuck up behind him and put a crease in the back of his bean. The good news is that you didn't catch any of what he was throwing. Glad to hear you're allright.

Sir I pack heat everywhere I go but I was at a serious disadvantage with the range and him having a rifle vs my pistol. Plus their were young children running around up on the bank so returning fire wasn't an option on my end worst case I would have gotten in the water to escape harm.

Right to bare arm's also comes back to bite us in the *** sometimes because you get the idiots who we have to share the right with, i usually keep a 12 gauge with slug's some where close when i'm out in the woods or some where i'm not comfortable, makes the wife nervous that i do it but i just simply explain to her it's better to be prepared instead of caught off guard.

There are a few idiots out there but I will take the few idiots over the suppression of rights we faced in Canada and what Even worse what they face in Europe...and California (Jk) :)

Wow...that is insane.
Got any cop friends that can go with you next time? :mrgreen:

Sounds like abunch of crap to me.

Somebody is trying to kill you and the police are to busy to come confront the guy? Id be at the office raising hell with somebody

Maybe you should of done like the joke posted on here a while back. Wait about a minute, call 911 again and say nevermind you went ahead and shot and killed the guy

Glad your ok and you didn't have to take some idiots life

Glad you're okay..... you should report it to the local police or sheriff, Ha, but down where you live, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy shooting over your head WAS the local sheriff??? or his brother or cousin or nephew, whatever?????? (don't take offense, just making a southern joke:)

If I'm not mistaken, here in Iowa, it's illegal to shoot over a body of water, with the exception of shotgun hunting for geese & duck. That alone should have been enough for the local LEO's to handle it.

Roger

.....darn I am glad I live down here on the coast in Texas. That jackwagon would have been buried under the jail!!

Latest posts