SHE LIVES!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
As most of you have read before, last year I had really bad luck keeping motors running. To make a long story short, I blew up my 225 jet in August and then my 150 in October. The 225 block is damaged bad enough that I have to find a replacement block before I rebuild. I have one in my garage now and will be working on that very soon. But...the 150 as of last night, with a complete rebuild....is alive and running again. I'm very excited to get back on the water for sure!

Not a great video, but it sure had me smiling! :D :D :D :D

[youtube]cHPsSsEcS2c[/youtube]

dyeguy1212 said:
Nice!

Why do they keep biting the dust? Does your bad luck have anything to do with your need for speed? :lol:

Just bad luck on my part. Real bad luck actually. Either would have done the same thing no matter what. I actually, was going very slow when the first one blew (no wake zone) and the second was a motor that I had run for only 7 minutes before it blew. I was lied to when I bought this one. The only way I'm sure of this is because of some things I learned during the rebuild.

As for my need for speed.....I don't really need it...and never really set out to get "fast" boats. It's just what happened to present itself when I was in the market...and at great prices to boot.

Oddly enough....most mechanics that I talk to tell me that these motors do best when they are run fast. Guess I didn't do that enough. I will always rather go fish, than go fast.

Yep, I was told the same thing by my mechanic last year. "you've got to run them out from time to time, that is for sure".

Hard for me to do with the Wisc. boat. No wake from 7 p.m. to 10 a.m. on my regular lake. I don't care to fish all day long....or fight the water skiers, so I NEVER go mid-day.

Therefore, it is difficult to "run it out" when you have a no wake rule. R

00 mod said:
Congrats, but doesn't she need to be peeing more?

Jeff

she will....trust me. The water that was coming from my hose was very cold, and as soon as the thermostat would open up, it would cool it down and shut again.

Latest posts