Lesions on a bass I caught

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Anyone ever run across this? I caught a bass the other day and it has these lesion looking things on it. Looks similar to a ringworm only with out the ring shape. Check it out. I got a fillet in my freezer. Safe to eat?

fish.jpg

Look at the elevation of the gill plumb with eye of fish. What is it?

We caught them with things like that sometimes but not as big, so it may have been different.

Bass is good to eat on the BBQ - not too fishy tasting, it can be a nice white meat,

I normally fish for fun but smallmouth on the rivers while camping, battered and fried on the Coleman. We never really got in the habit of eating largemouth from lakes. Rivers, to me, produce cleaner fish.

a nice 2-4 pounder is some good eatin, I normally only keep a few at the begining of the season and the catch n release. It's odd that ya say river fish seem cleaner than lake fish, I've always thought the opposite, in my opinion the river cats anyways are far better than pond raised, I think a lil dirty water adds the flavor!

Latest posts