Honda recall

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
I just received a Honda recall for my 15hp outboard I bought last year. Apparently the "fuel chamber" is defective and could leak so it should be replaced/repaired by a Honda dealer for free.

Sooooooooooo, I called the closest authorized Honda outboard motor dealer at B_ _ _'s Mega Mall (this place is gargantuan). If I was Honda I would un-authorize these clowns. The first person to answer was a gal who thought I was talking about a car or ATV after countless times of saying "outboard motor". She then transfers me to the repair shop. It didn't get any better as it seemed like he was talking with a mouth full of peanut butter and honey. When I was able to distinguish some words, apparently they were just authorized to sell and carry Honda products but they haven't been certified yet. Say what?

Jim said:
Let us know the outcome of this situation. Good luck!

At least you got a notification from Honda, that counts for something in my book for sure.
I agree! All companies make design/engineering mistakes, but the fact that they admit them and are willing to fix them shows that they care. To me that's what makes a good company.

How do people/places like this continue to exist in today's economy.

Good luck.....hope it works out better real soon.

I was able to reach the owner of the shop where I bought the motor (his actual main business is lawn mowers). He was aware of the recall and knew exactly what part he needs to get. He said it was something to do with the emission controls and that on a bad day, it would take him about 30 minutes to replace. So far I've referred two others to his shop for outboard/lawn equipment repairs and they are very happy.

The required part arrived at the repair shop this morning and he called me to bring the motor in. After running some errands, I towed the boat over to his shop and as promised, he replaced the part in less than 30 minutes. I think we wasted more time just BSing around. Anyway, tipped him $5 for his afternoon break before I left. Nice to have competent help these days.

Latest posts