North american fishing club rant.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
Joined back in January because there was a 2 year subscription for the price of one or something close and three free gifts. $20 gas, filet knife and a lure. Thought what the hell gas and filet knife should be worth that.

3 weeks ago I received a package that had a book (which was part of a series) and the free lure and some stren line along with my free gas coupons. You get to use one 5 dollar coupon every quarter during the dates they specify. Not even worth the effort to address an envelope copy my receipt and send it all in to get re-imbursed.

If you didn't send the book back they billed you for it. Keep in mind I never asked for the book nor did I even know anything about it.

I received a bill for the book. $12.20. OK, I had enough. I don't like getting stuff sent to me then have to go to the hassle of sending it back when I didn't order it in the first place. I called and talked to a woman and cancelled my membership. Mentioned that I never did receive the filet knife and she informed me I didn't wait long enough. Let's see...jan feb mar. hmm

Checked today on their site and the auto voice mail says my membership is cancelled but when I look the site still says I owe 12.20 for the book "bass stategies". arrrgh and despite them giving an 800 number to "contact" a live person I was never able to get one. I can only assume they meant a recording of a live person somewhere.

I did receive my magazine the day before yesterday though. Still no filet knife though. lol

Sorry for the long ramble.

Anybody else have any luck with them?

Ever since forums on line I have dropped magazine subscriptions.

But I have been there before where you are at now, I remember one very bad situation with the hunting club, finally after the millionth time they sent something to me i didnt want they never got it back, when they would call I'd say I never got anything, so 6 or 7 times of asking they gave up and I never got any offers again from them, granted I gave them so many chances over the year that I finally just quit offering them to fix it, lol

Anthony Sisk said:
I had the same issue with them and still haven't gotten my knife. North american hunting did me the same way.
Did i mention this was march of last year?

I actually revived all of my stuff promised! Still hate NAFC though..... I got my fillet knife with the next book in the series they sent me that I previewd.....once again didn't order it...

I have a tinboat's rant!!!

My wife hates this website royally because i spend more time on here than i do with her.. i tell her there's a reason for it, i can come on here and not have to say one word all night long and not be bugged, with her if i dont say anything im usually introuble.

Just received this email from them!

Thank you for your email. We have cancelled your membership as requested and have discontinued future mailings. It may take up to 4 weeks for all mailings to stop. Please disregard any mailings you may receive during this time.

Unfortunately, our records do not indicate that we have received your return. Returns can take up to 4-6 weeks to process. We have updated your record to reflect the item has been returned, please disregard any invoice you receive. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are sorry to hear you have been unable to reach our Customer Service Representatives by phone. You may contact Member Services at 1-800-843-6232 Monday-Friday 7:30am-8:00pm CST. If you do not hear the selection
that best matches your needs on the list provided, please wait for the options to repeat on its own and you will hear a new option to speak with a representative. Please make sure that you do not enter your membership number, as it may not direct you correctly. Our representatives will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For future inquiries, please use Member Number ******** when contacting Member Services.

We are sorry to lose you as a member,

So, to reach someone you have to know not to put your number in?? Then at the end she says to use my number???

The first thing the voicemail wants is your number...What a joke.

***UPDATE***

Today I feel like Captain Jack Sparrow!

In the mail today I received a compass that doesn't point North!

Along with another bill for the book I returned Plus the two filet knives! Yee Haa

I never signed up for the fishing club... seems like a headache and a scam to me. My cousin in law did this year and within a couple of weeks they had billed him 76 dollars!

The up side for those North American Membership Group clubs based in Minnetonka, is that when your subscription runs out, you still keep getting the magazines for years afterwards. My National Home Gardening membership expired 3 years ago and I still get the magazine. NAFC expired last year and I still get that too. I sent emails to them telling them I returned the book and they credited me right away. I also said that if they sent me another book, I would consider it a gift and as such not pay for it. They sent one, I kept it, they billed me and I emailed them that they must be mistaken as I had previously been removed from the book mailing list. That was the last I ever heard on the subject.

parkerdog said:
***UPDATE***

Today I feel like Captain Jack Sparrow!

In the mail today I received a compass that doesn't point North!

Along with another bill for the book I returned Plus the two filet knives! Yee Haa

Please disregard any mailings you may receive during this time.

This, to me means....you never received anything.

I had a similar problem with them. I never did sign up, but started getting their crap saying that I owed them for my membership. Get this....once at my work address, and once at home. Separate accounts. I ignored it all. Then, they started threatening a collection agency. Still, I ignored it, but saved everything. Finally, they sent me a letter asking why I haven't paid up. One of the options was that I never signed up for their crap. I checked that option, sent the letter back postpaid and never heard from them again.

The book is yours to keep, you're under no obligation to pay for it unless you agreed to when you joined NAFC. There are little known laws around unsolicited packages you receive in the mail. Basically, if you didn't agree to buy it and it just shows up, it's yours to keep with no further obligation to pay for it.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/MailFraud/fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx

moloch16 said:
The book is yours to keep, you're under no obligation to pay for it unless you agreed to when you joined NAFC. There are little known laws around unsolicited packages you receive in the mail. Basically, if you didn't agree to buy it and it just shows up, it's yours to keep with no further obligation to pay for it.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/MailFraud/fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx

Who reads the fine print? I just sent it back and cancelled everything. (I hope)

Latest posts