dog in heat help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
My first female dog, a choc lab has been in heat this month for her first time. I've kept her in her pin except for some excersize everyday and figured id done a good job guarding her from all the males in the hood.

Im not sure exactly when she started but its been a few weeks or more. Her thingy started to go back to somewhat normal yesterday. Come home today and the neighbors dog is IN her pin, both exhausted from hours of forplay I can only imagine......

I take a look at her "thingy" and it looks normal for the first time. No blood, not hanging out swollen ect..

Here's my question. How many of yall think I have a chance that it was to late for her to get knocked up? If the worst comes, all members get a FREE puppy!

them boogers are dang good at keeping the species going......
i believe gestation is around 63 days and the birth is called welping. read up on it. there are a few things you need to give her but her instincts will handle it for her.

The dad is a black lab mutt. If he would of waited another minute he'd been dead. I've sent 2 .40 rounds over his head already this week. I recon he wallered the fence untill it stretched enough he could sumhow climb over. I think my trashed fence has more me pissed than the fact that I'm going to have to deal with a litter of mutts. Did I mention its my birthday :LOL2:

Well Happy B-Day your presents should arrive in a few months :LOL2: I have birthed many litters in my life, if the dirty deed takes and you have any questions let me know

LMAO, I've got an 8ft fence and live 2 miles from the nearest dog owning house for just that occasion, one day my bella lab is prolly gonna be ready for a good breedin as she's a year old and u super quick dang learner, just not any time soon!

Congratulations, I think. :shock:

I had a female lab/terrier mix from the pound in my backyard at my second house. The yard was surrounded by a six foot block wall because of a pool. A tiny male dog about half the size of my dog actually leaped over that wall to get at my dog! When he saw me come out of the house it leaped back over the wall to get out! My dog saw the vet the next day!

Latest posts