Need ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomowork

Reaction score
My philosophy is why reinvent the wheel when one can just copy great ideas.

I just purchased a low mileage 2002 Chevy G1500 cargo van with a 5.0L V8 to turn into my fishing boat hauler. What I'd like to see are interior shots of rod racks, storage bins, etc. I'm trying to keep it simple and light weight for my week long fishing trips. I'm not one to need fancy accommodations, just functional.

Thanks in advance!

Captain Ahab said:
I have interior rod racks in my Explorer - and in my van before that

Will see about a pic later

Thanks, looking forward to the pictures.

I use PVC extensively for rod racks. I have one for my pickup truck that we use for salt water fishing. I also made another that hangs from the hand grab bars in the 4Runner. We take week long fishing trips during the summer and the 4Runner is just a pain to load everything into it and tow a boat at the same time, so I purchased the van and had a new tow hitch installed a couple of days ago.

I'm hoping to make a rod rack that can hang from the ceiling of the van that would accommodate the trout rods, bass rods and even the longer surf fishing rods down the middle.

Rod Saver brand makes one that suspends from the roof of your truck or van. I have seen them in action and are pretty slick!

https://www.basspro.com/Rod-Saver-Vehicle-Rod-Carrier/product/15989/83208

Last year before I bought the boat I carried my rods & tackle around in the truck almost all the time, never knew when you might want to wet a line. After several different type of rod holders in the back of the truck, it has a tonque cover on it. I ended up using some spring loaded shower rods with pipe instalation on then. The only issue was removing them it was sort of a pain. Needed to rig a pin so that you had something to pull on to collapse them. The rods did a pretty good job staying were put, a bunge cord or velcro would take care of that issue.

DSC03793.JPG

DSC03794.JPG

Latest posts