Search Box Frustration!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicman619

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed with the "Search Box" on this forum. I am looking for people who have used .09 inch aluminum for their decks. The search box "ignores .09" leaving it to search for "Aluminum" on a aluminum boat forum! :shock: It came back with close to 11,000 hits. This is just one example of the many things I have tried to search for with similar problems. I have tried putting " " marks around my search query but with the same result. Any other ideas?

Use the advanced search feature

You have to work in some boolean type quantifiers

You can also use the search within the results feature

You could also try searching 'gauge'... it would still give you a broad response, but it would be a little more specific then what you're getting.

I need a "show me what I'm thinking of without having to figure out exactly what that is" option...if that's possible. :wink:

Here's where you have to outsmart the search box.

Seems to me that it wants 3 characters (not counting punctuation), or more. In your case, you are looking for .09 aluminum. But remember, sheet aluminum is sold in thousandths, not hundredths, so for those of us that work with aluminum on a regular basis would ask for 90 thousandths, or .090, which is what is going to be written nearly every time. Walla, you now have your 3 characters, and the search works. 27 results.

Remember those significant figures from your high school physics and chemistry classes? Well, believe it or not, they are useful in life. :lol:

Latest posts