Craving salt? try this...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Quick n easy homemade potato chips.

Slice a few potatoes as thin as possible. Coat with your favorite cooking oil...put on a plate single layer and microwave until golden brown. When brown, remove from microwave and season...let cool. They are great and easy!

I do something similar to make country fries.

I cut up the potato then microwave for a few minutes during which time I fry up onions and other stuff in the frying pan. After the potato comes out of the microwave, I toss it in with the veggies to brown the fries.

nomowork said:
I do something similar to make country fries.

I cut up the potato then microwave for a few minutes during which time I fry up onions and other stuff in the frying pan. After the potato comes out of the microwave, I toss it in with the veggies to brown the fries.
Sounds good, ill be sure to give that a try some time. What you been up to?

I am actually gonna try making my own potatoe chips thiss weekend while camping, except I have a fancy new slicer and I am gonna deep fry them. Kinda curious how they are gonna turn out

Jim said:
seems simple enough, I will try this.
Let me know what you think. They taste alot like lays to me. Funny thing, I dont like lays but I like the chips that chips I make that taste like lays. Must be a homeade thing.
deerslayer said:
I am actually gonna try making my own potatoe chips thiss weekend while camping, except I have a fancy new slicer and I am gonna deep fry them. Kinda curious how they are gonna turn out
Try using the microwave when you get home.

Latest posts