A new season of "River Monsters" : )

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
So the new season of River Monsters started yesterday. I really enjoyed watching Mr. Wade noodle a 50lb catfish....lol. My two sons (6 and 3) love watching this show with me and I really enjoy Jeremy Wade. I envy this man as he travels around the world fishing some of the rarest species there are. Not to mention the size of some of these fish he has caught!

The Lake of the Ozark claims of 250-300lb catfish seemed a bit unrealistic IMO though.....

So does anyone else watch this show? And is anyone on here from Missouri and fished the Ozark?

Johny25- I fish LOZ all the time. They pull 100lb+ Paddlefish(Spoonbills) and cats around 100lb out of there all the time. In my opinion(which really isn't squat),I can't see a 250-300 cat being caught anywhere but at the base of the dam,where the water is around 100+ feet deep. Since that is a restricted area,like 500ft from the dam,I will never know if they are there or not. There is NO WAY that I am going into that area. It's a "Homeland Security" thing that I don't want to breach. That's not saying there isn't monster cats,just not going to be caught by me.

Latest posts